• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

March Banter 2019

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

What did you tow with? My ram has 10k max but payload is always the limiting factor with half tons. It's not mathematically possible to tow a 10k lb travel trailer with a half ton because of tongue weight. 7k gvwr is the heaviest I'll tow with my truck. Plenty of capacity margin. 25' box is my personal max for the wheelbase of my truck. I've towed with the tail wagging the dog before. Unnerving to put it lightly... lol

We're planning a 6 week trip out west next summer. Northern route to Wyoming then south to the Grand Canyon and southern route back home. When we sell our house in 8 years or so my wife and I want to full time for a year in an RV then settle somewhere. Not sure where yet but it won't be anywhere near DC metro. I've grown to hate living here. Great schools and jobs but it kinda ends there. 

F 150. Don't remember the exact towing capacity anymore, maybe 7500? Never like pushing the limit when it comes to safety so I decided to give myself some cushion. But even towing our last trailer, think that came in a touch under 6000 gross, was a battle sometimes. As I said before, never really felt comfortable towing to begin with but I think the last straw was when we broke down on the 81 bridge heading to Harrisburg. Coming down the hill onto the bridge lost all power to the truck as we had an electrical short. Scared the hell out of me as it was like trying to steer and stop a whale coming down that hill. Finally was able to stop in the middle of the bridge but we were sticking a good 4-5 ft out into the traffic. Spent an hour there with traffic flying by us doing 65-70 and many cars veering at the last second to avoid hitting us. The piece de resistance was when a tractor trailer didn't notice us until the last second, slammed on his brakes and then fishtailed as he tried to get into the other lane. Luckily he goosed the semi at the last second and was able to pop the trailer back somewhat in line though it was jumping from one set of wheels to the other as he passed. Needless to say after that experience I was pretty much put off on towing.

You should love that trip. Country is absolutely gorgeous. Try to get into Utah as well as there is some spectacular drive-able views especially towards the Grand Canyon. Zion National Park comes specifically to mind. Wife and I have also talked about a similar trip (month or two) in a few years. But I think we will probably just rent an RV for that. 

Grew up and lived most of my life in MD. The changes I have seen the last 20-30 years though have been mind blowing and one of the reasons we moved into southern PA going on 15 years now. And I don't regret a minute of our decision to make that move. But all that build up and congestion is now occurring here in Hanover so we are looking to move once again to get away from it. Of course snow will play a big factor on where we eventually move. :) 

• Like 1

I just have to say, my sister lives in Atlanta. The photos she is sending of the drenching rain is crazy. Currently have Weather Nation on and Southern AL and GA are lit up like a Christmas tree. Reports of a long track rain wrapped tornado from Tuskegee AL into GA on the ground for over 80 miles. PDS and Tornado Emergencies. One powerful system.  

1 minute ago, Round Hill WX said:

Calm down pussycat. 

This is not a political forum, dipshit. Wanna turn this place into a divisive cesspool? I am totally game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

My IL's are currently under a tornado warning. They are in Burke Co, Waynesboro GA.

hope they are safe.  The severe storms/tornadoes down there are no joke with this storm.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

hope they are safe.  The severe storms/tornadoes down there are no joke with this storm.  

I hope so too. Just sent a message. 

Edit: Just heard from my FIL. They are ok. Hook on radar was about 4 miles to the NW of them. 

Just saw damage video of Talbotton GA, OMG!!! It is not good!:(

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I hope so too. Just sent a message. 

Just saw damage video of Talbotton GA, OMG!!! It is not good!:(

Yeah the videos and pictures coming out of AL and GA are pretty ‘incredible’.  Keep us posted how they are.

• Like 1

Just now, Round Hill WX said:

Cool. Just don’t report me to Randy like we’re in 3rd grade. 

LOL. No reason for me to do so. Why did you feel so compelled to interject? As if I didn't know.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL. No reason for me to do so. Why did you feel so compelled to interject? As if I didn't know.

I think people who get all worked up about politics are funny. The fact that you tried to get Randy involved makes me laugh. I guess I just don’t understand why or how a screen name can bother someone. You are clearly passionate about it so I will see myself out. Good luck with your crusade brochacho. 

• Like 3

Just now, Round Hill WX said:

I think people who get all worked up about politics are funny. The fact that you tried to get Randy involved makes me laugh. I guess I just don’t understand why or how a screen name can bother someone. You are clearly passionate about it so I will see myself out. Good luck with your crusade brochacho. 

Not worked up dude. There are certain standards here. Political/sexual innuendo are not appropriate for a screen name. I mean, I could have a name something like- DrumpfNutSacLicker. But ofc, I know that is wholly inappropriate. So yeah, run along now. See ya.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t like beachin but Build the Wall is a funny screenname.

imo every word should be uncensored and avatars and screennames should be fair game. Let’s you know who you are really talking to. Some people hide for some reason.

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not worked up dude. There are certain standards here. Political/sexual innuendo are not appropriate for a screen name. I mean, I could have a name something like- DrumpfNutSacLicker. But ofc, I know that is wholly inappropriate. So yeah, run along now. See ya.

@Buildthewall This guy ^^^ wants to kick your ass. You in?

-Don King

• Sad 1