Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

Final snow tally 5.0 inches.

Changed to freezing rain and sleet about 1AM which has now compacted to 4.5 inches of snow,ice that I can walk on top of.

30.0 degrees after most of the  night in the low to mid 20's.

Not as much ice on the trees as you would think, I believe most must have fallen as sleet or ice pellets.

Pretty much what I expected except I still have power, for now.

Just now, Brasiluvsnow said:

Its getting close to freezing here 24 now,,,BX stuff is going to freeze real soon by us and its far from pretty outside

Just drove down 59 from nanuet...where they spent millions of dollars fixing the flooding issues. Well now the ice and leaves have clogged up the storm drains and the roadway is flooded. We drop a couple more degrees and the county will be at a standstill lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Nah, disaster averted. 80 miles south got all rain, so you must have too. 

Well that rain was a bitch to shovel...  I said in one of the threads last week that the biggest story would be the freeze up. I still feel that way, anyone who waits to clear this now is screwed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Well that rain was a bitch to shovel...  I said in one of the threads last week that the biggest story would be the freeze up. I still feel that way, anyone who waits to clear this now is screwed. 

We scraped the driveway even though it was mostly water...cleared whatever slush we could. Already glad i did, temp is lower than i expected already. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

We scraped the driveway even though it was mostly water...cleared whatever slush we could. Already glad i did, temp is lower than i expected already. 

My stone driveway is a bitch, can’t scrap that but I just threw sand on it and will likely hit it again after the freeze up, some salt too at that point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

My stone driveway is a bitch, can’t scrap that but I just threw sand on it and will likely hit it again after the freeze up, some salt too at that point 

We just had our front steps redone in october so im hesitant to even throw salt on them...maybe theyll last longer than the last ones :(

7 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

We just had our front steps redone in october so im hesitant to even throw salt on them...maybe theyll last longer than the last ones :(

I hear that, I rarely use salt, more sand than anything. Using salt on the stone driveway can crest quite the muddy mess with frozen ground underneath.