• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie Ace
    Newest Member
    Maggie Ace

Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Feet and feet. You know this is gonna verify because I want to watch the eclipse, and @gravitylover wants to not have 3 feet of snow on his driveway.

xZ2By42.png

Ill take it if it means nice calm boring weather the 24th-26th, flying out the 26th morning. If that comes true ill go shovel his driveway lol

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Ill take it if it means nice calm boring weather the 24th-26th, flying out the 26th morning. If that comes true ill go shovel his driveway lol

I'm going to hold you to that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Pics or it didn’t happen. Where to?

Cruise out of san juan. Be back the day after the super bowl.

• Like 3

Anyone heading down to watch them blow up the TZB tomorrow am? I'm torn between it being a cool thing to see and it not being cool enough to justify driving all morning to see a 30 second show.

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Anyone heading down to watch them blow up the TZB tomorrow am? I'm torn between it being a cool thing to see and it not being cool enough to justify driving all morning to see a 30 second show.

I’m hoping there will be a feed I can watch while at work, if I get a free minute at that time. Otherwise I’m sure there will be a ton of videos out there pretty quickly. 

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

20 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’m hoping there will be a feed I can watch while at work, if I get a free minute at that time. Otherwise I’m sure there will be a ton of videos out there pretty quickly. 

Now if you want to go visit Donner Pass instead...

6DC734D6-BFC5-4309-8E97-C57303A2CA61.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Im leaving the area for the morning so i dont have to deal with the traffic lol

• Like 1

Had a couple good hours of skating tonight, illuminated by the moon and some Christmas lights that were still in the trees. It's a nice memory to have for July when it's 85/77 and you break a sweat from plucking ticks off your jeans

• Haha 1

Ice, snow, rain aaaahhhhh :guitar: I just picked up 80 pounds of salt and 100 pounds of sand. Going to mix it 40/50 in 5 gallon buckets and put them at either end of the driveway. If I can't shovel at least we'll be able to move in and out.

I also just spent some time looking at snowblowers for the first time seriously rather than just in passing. There sure does seem to be a significant difference between Ariens and most others with Cub Cadet not too far behind. It also seems that 2 stage will be more cost effective and lower maintenance over time. Am I reading this right?

45 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Ice, snow, rain aaaahhhhh :guitar: I just picked up 80 pounds of salt and 100 pounds of sand. Going to mix it 40/50 in 5 gallon buckets and put them at either end of the driveway. If I can't shovel at least we'll be able to move in and out.

I also just spent some time looking at snowblowers for the first time seriously rather than just in passing. There sure does seem to be a significant difference between Ariens and most others with Cub Cadet not too far behind. It also seems that 2 stage will be more cost effective and lower maintenance over time. Am I reading this right?

You can't shovel but you just picked up 180 pounds, watch your back!  :pimp:  A 2 stage in comparison to a 3 stage or a 1 stage?  I wouldn't bother with a 1 stage since they can become useless in a wet snow and don't cut into the plow berms all that well, a 2 stage is better at getting that done.  I don't know anyone with a 3 stage yet, they look interesting though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

dude, take it easy on the lifting.

looking good at t minus 4.  steady as she blows.