• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

I guess I'm low person in Orange County this round, 2.6 inches and done.

The seasonal total is now 20.3 inches but to me the more important number is days with snow cover which now stands at a putrid 11 days including today.

Last year on this date my seasonal total was 24.5 inches but my days to this point with snow cover was 31, and to me that makes a world of difference. Of course last year at this time I still had 59 more inches to go. I'm not expecting that again this year.

8 hours ago, snywx said:

R/S line was pretty much E of the Thruway & S of Harriman. No accumulation on my drive home till I hit the Harriman area. 

6" here IMBY

Yup here in Sloatsburg where I’m up on a hilll with a little elevation before you get to Harriman State Park,  I actually got all my snow from earlier in the day. About an inch or so. Afternoon and evening it turned to a mix and ended as wet flakes. So it’s a slushy glaze this morning. Got up to 35 degrees late yesterday and stayed there until things ended. I miss living in the snow belt off Lakes rd in Monroe! lol My parents up there got about 4 inches. Only a 15 min drive from here. 

But at least last March was great here with one of the storms producing about 30 inches. That’s weather for you. Hoping things can turn around in Feb/Mar this year but we will see. 

Mornin' Gents.  As I was wondering yesterday and @wdrag mentioned this morning in the OBS thread for yesterday, there will be considerable blowing and drifting  at least around here.  Unlike folks further east and south the snow around here, 5.7" total is powder and fluffy, its gonna blow.  Tonight when I get home the snow that fell into the Stratus yesterday will be melted and I'll figured out what my LE was for yesterday.  Since we are close to the end of January I looked at my snowfall totals, here is what I found as of this morning:

• Seasonal snowfall is now: 25.6" 
  • Long term average through the end of Jan: 23.5"
  • My running total average IMBY for the 14 seasons through Jan: 22.5"
  • January '19 ranks # 8 out of 14 seasons in my current location

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This was/is probably the most photogenic snowfall I've ever seen in my hood. I've never seen such total stickage to every last branch and reed... the only thing I can compare it to is heavy hoar frost on an ADK summit. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it. Very localized though in that respect, as noted above. My plan for this morning was to shoot Minnewaska, but after getting out past NP I saw it was complete powder that had already fallen off the trees. Luckily I left early enough that I was still able to make it back to the trails near me in time for sunrise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Mornin' Gents.  As I was wondering yesterday and @wdrag mentioned this morning in the OBS thread for yesterday, there will be considerable blowing and drifting  at least around here.  Unlike folks further east and south the snow around here, 5.7" total is powder and fluffy, its gonna blow.  Tonight when I get home the snow that fell into the Stratus yesterday will be melted and I'll figured out what my LE was for yesterday.  Since we are close to the end of January I looked at my snowfall totals, here is what I found as of this morning:

I see we are very close..  26.7" here

• Like 1

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Considering how 'bad' this winter has been, we really can't complain.  Of course over the past 10 days or so I've picked up 10" which is whats making the difference along with Nov.

Oh I agree.. We have gained some serious ground the past 2 weeks. This winter is your classic 80s-90s R/S line type. Its actually felt like winter up here compared to those just 20-25 miles SE of us where winter has been nonexistent.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, snywx said:

Oh I agree.. We have gained some serious ground the past 2 weeks. This winter is your classic 80s-90s R/S line type. Its actually felt like winter up here compared to those just 20-25 miles SE of us where winter has been nonexistent.

It sure looks wintry here in the Mid Hudson Valley and above.  The coastal plain is missing out, but they have had their share of snow bonanzas over the past many years while we up here so often got the shafts. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

It sure looks wintry here in the Mid Hudson Valley and above.  The coastal plain is missing out, but they have had their share of snow bonanzas over the past many years while we up here so often got the shafts. 

Eh, we might still have a few tricks up our sleeves.

It's hard to find this thread.  There about 350 pinned threads above it.  Glad some in the sub-forum aren't sitting on the ledge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Eh, we might still have a few tricks up our sleeves.

It's hard to find this thread.  There about 350 pinned threads above it.  Glad some in the sub-forum aren't sitting on the ledge.

North Shore make no mistake I have not given up but I am not going to lie and as I am watching all this from out here on the ledge lol

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

@Juliancolton and there's today's salt joke LOL

Delayed but not denied.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

What town is that? Nice farm.

Village of Millbrook. Used to spend hours walking around town after school, thinking we were cool because we knew all the secret shortcuts and such. It kind of spoils the illusion when you get a couple hundred feet up and see that it's basically two blocks of buildings in the middle of the forest. :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

My 5.7” yesterday melted down to .52” making the ratios 11:1 here.