Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

28 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Are we buying that -17F between hours at MGJ?

Not for a second,  maybe -12 or -13?

I bottomed out at -5.6° this morning. Yesterdays squall was 0.6 inches bringing my seasonal to 20.9 inches. Another 30 or so this season to get to normal. I'm having serious doubts we even come close.

I'm at that part of the winter now where I'm essentially immune to feeling cold, and I love it. 6F feels like room temp with fleece lined jeans and a winter coat... no hint of a chill at all. I know it sounds pretentious, but it's really amazing how quickly one can acclimate if spending a lot of time outdoors. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm at that part of the winter now where I'm essentially immune to feeling cold, and I love it. 6F feels like room temp with fleece lined jeans and a winter coat... no hint of a chill at all. I know it sounds pretentious, but it's really amazing how quickly one can acclimate if spending a lot of time outdoors. 

Also, having the right gear.  I donned the flannel lined pants, flannel shirt and vest today.  No problems.  I’ve probably skied 5 days this season where the wind chills were colder than today so mentally it’s no big thing.

• Like 1

The best I could do was -3.5° this morning, yesterday -5.6°. I'm not coming anywhere near the double digit sub zeros I was expecting and that occurred in NWNJ, northern Orange and Dutchess.

20 miles north of me seems to make all the difference the last couple of days when it's usually not that pronounced. I'm sitting with only about a 2.5-3 inch snow cover here, would that make such a difference as opposed to the 6-10 inch depth in the areas getting to -10° and lower?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1