Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

56 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah I had an inch before it flipped to freezing rain. This is getting silly, every damn storm involves some amount of ice. The only times it didn't was the coatings in December. This is horrible.

Very true.  As I said earlier, it's been so hard to get a true snowstorm this year.

• Sad 2

.2-.3" of ice on everything. I watched my neighbor across the street crawl up his driveway to get to his car then watched him get in to start it and it slid to the bottom of the hill all the way through his backyard. It went over a landscaping wall, bounced off a tree and spun sideways. Big body damage and it's gonna take a good sized wrecker to extract it from where it's at. Lucky guy was able to jump out before it went over the wall. This warmup today can't come too quickly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

.2-.3" of ice on everything. I watched my neighbor across the street crawl up his driveway to get to his car then watched him get in to start it and it slid to the bottom of the hill all the way through his backyard. It went over a landscaping wall, bounced off a tree and spun sideways. Big body damage and it's gonna take a good sized wrecker to extract it from where it's at. Lucky guy was able to jump out before it went over the wall. This warmup today can't come too quickly.

WOW

53 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes, doesn't it?  A solid .3" ice on everything this morning.  A coworker got her windshield cracked thanks to a piece of ice falling off of a tree along the road.

Surprised at the extent of ice on my lake.  Still at least 85% covered.  Only open water is where the Brook runs into it.  As bad as this winter has been to date in terms of snowfall, it hasn’t been a total torch.  I’ve been here almost 20 years and it’s not uncommon for the lake to barely freeze up at all.

im rooting for cold n snow until at least April.  And I’m a baseball fan.  I watch often although nowadays it’s with an iPad on my lap reading/ watching other stuff with the game in th background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Not gonna happen, ‘everyone’ has canceled snow for the rest of the season. ‘We’ are all rooting for warmth and baseball...I didn’t know people still watched baseball...

Aren't you kind of rooting for warmth at this point too though?  We've had rainstorm after rainstorm, and when the cold finally comes in, we can't even manage a few inches of snow.

It doesn’t matter what any of us root for, it’s gonna be what it's gonna be. I feel like we haven’t had a normal season in forever but it’s the extremes that help define the averages anyway. Last summer sucked with all the rain and humidity which in turn ruined the fall, it’s been a few years since what had decent color. Then the flip to the biggest storm of the season to date in the middle of November. The winter has been a nuisance more than anything. So yes, I would like a drier sunnier spring but no one cares what I would like. It’s St Patrick’s Season so we have that going for us, which is nice. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

It doesn’t matter what any of us root for, it’s gonna be what it's gonna be. I feel like we haven’t had a normal season in forever but it’s the extremes that help define the averages anyway. Last summer sucked with all the rain and humidity which in turn ruined the fall, it’s been a few years since what had decent color. Then the flip to the biggest storm of the season to date in the middle of November. The winter has been a nuisance more than anything. So yes, I would like a drier sunnier spring but no one cares what I would like. It’s St Patrick’s Season so we have that going for us, which is nice. 

I care Rob :lol:

Anyway, hoping for a drier spring and less humid summer.

10 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I dont root for warmth until golf season.

When is golf season?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Not gonna happen, ‘everyone’ has canceled snow for the rest of the season. ‘We’ are all rooting for warmth and baseball...I didn’t know people still watched baseball...

Well I'm going to throw in a monkey wrench into the works. I'm going to jinx it by putting my snowblower away and I took care of Punxsutawney Phil.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

With the strength of the pressure gradient and depth of the mixed layer, tomorrow is probably as formidable a setup for synoptic wind as you'll ever see around here. It could really be genuinely unnerving for a few hours. Makes me glad we weren't a few ticks cooler last night and today to leave a glaze on everything in advance... bullet dodged there to an extent. 

• Like 1

I both enjoy and dread really windy days around here anymore. I love the sound of the wind screaming through the trees but really dislike losing power to downed trees and branches. I have a bunch of stuff to do early tomorrow with the whole family in the car, gonna try to stick to bigger roads without as many trees hanging over the roads.