Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee
Upstate Tiger

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS will squash southern waves like that at this range.  It loves the northern stream and hates the southern stream.  Taken literally based on the pattern the Op Euro is too far to the east with the track anyway.  That system would probably track further west if it dug that much into the Gulf 

Interesting that you're usually pessimistic about ATL's chances, but it feels different for this system as if you see a chance for us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

The GFS honestly doesnt look bad. Arctic front snow is always fun.

Isn't that called a clipper sometimes.  :)

The GFS still improved with the wave. It’s now showing it diving from the Washington/Montana border instead of trying to do it from the Dakotas like yesterday. It takes it down through the 4 corners region like we typically like to see, it’s just suppressing it all to hell after that and the western ridge is still a bit too short IMO. 

1 minute ago, SnowDawg said:

The GFS still improved with the wave. It’s now showing it diving from the Washington/Montana border instead of trying to do it from the Dakotas like yesterday. It takes it down through the 4 corners region like we typically like to see, it’s just suppressing it all to hell after that and the western ridge is still a bit too short IMO. 

^this

As I am not native to Upstate SC, can someone please describe the 2000 Carolina Crusher scenario? Did the Greenville, SC area receive any significant snowfall? I could find online articles mentioning North Carolina totals only.
I was a senior in High School and we had 6" in Florence, SC from that storm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

The CMC has light precipitation for the January 27-28, but then follows it with a great storm on January 30.

ZCoJjTa.gif

Hey at least it's only 9 days away instead of 10 now!

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

The CMC has light precipitation for the January 27-28, but then follows it with a great storm on January 30.

ZCoJjTa.gif

That looks absolutely beautiful! Classic southern snowstorm. Too bad it's the Canadian and it'll never happen.

Through 126 the wave is significantly stronger and better organized over west Texas. Lets see if it can get neutral, or does it get suppressed like GFS