Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS will squash southern waves like that at this range.  It loves the northern stream and hates the southern stream.  Taken literally based on the pattern the Op Euro is too far to the east with the track anyway.  That system would probably track further west if it dug that much into the Gulf 

Interesting that you're usually pessimistic about ATL's chances, but it feels different for this system as if you see a chance for us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The GFS still improved with the wave. It’s now showing it diving from the Washington/Montana border instead of trying to do it from the Dakotas like yesterday. It takes it down through the 4 corners region like we typically like to see, it’s just suppressing it all to hell after that and the western ridge is still a bit too short IMO. 

1 minute ago, SnowDawg said:

The GFS still improved with the wave. It’s now showing it diving from the Washington/Montana border instead of trying to do it from the Dakotas like yesterday. It takes it down through the 4 corners region like we typically like to see, it’s just suppressing it all to hell after that and the western ridge is still a bit too short IMO. 

^this

As I am not native to Upstate SC, can someone please describe the 2000 Carolina Crusher scenario? Did the Greenville, SC area receive any significant snowfall? I could find online articles mentioning North Carolina totals only.
I was a senior in High School and we had 6" in Florence, SC from that storm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic