• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Storm Obs

John1122

Looks like the R/S line is creeping down the valley if the correlation coefficient is accurate. Wundermap is showing temps to 33-4 as far south as Severiville exit 407 on I-40. 

There have been so many micro changes here, that I'm not sure how accurate it is with this storm for the central valley, E TN valley

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Here's a meteogram for you to put in your archives Carvers lol. Latest HRRR for Tri: 

*check the snow output...you need a bulldozer

KTRI_2018120909_hrrr_15.png

Some seriously good rations with that!  In my dreams...

On another note, just heard two transformers blow.  Still have power, but likely someone does not near me.  Confirmed...portions of the neighborhood just went dark.

• Thanks 1

Heavy wet snow continues to fall. Measured 4.5” on the deck. Cleared it off as best I could but it’s a heart attack wet and slushy snow. These next 2-3 hours should be fun. Let’s see if the power can hold on.

Some areas already picked up 1-3” inches while I was rain last night. Some people will see a whole seasons average before calendar winter even starts!

• Like 1

How can a mountain generate this much heat? Disregard the surface temperature I guess. The worst part of this is cooling from precip doesn't help because the wind direction always introduces more warmth. I'm never switching over. It is now daytime and the worst part is I can virtually see the whiteout conditions heading towards Big A from my house.

20 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

Heavy wet snow continues to fall. Measured 4.5” on the deck. Cleared it off as best I could but it’s a heart attack wet and slushy snow. These next 2-3 hours should be fun. Let’s see if the power can hold on.

Some areas already picked up 1-3” inches while I was rain last night. Some people will see a whole seasons average before calendar winter even starts!

Yeah, I measure about 5” on the picnic table.  Some of that is a layer of sleet that my tape measure won’t punch through.  I checked in the yard...between 5-6” there.

4 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

You still seeing all rain Blunder?

Graupel...so much graupel. 27 and graupel. Oh sure there are a few snowflakes but they won't amount to anything. I can visibly see the changeover to all snow. It's just a mile or two away just sitting there like a white curtain. It's so definitively pronounced. I would be shocked if it did switch over here though.

• Like 1

Just drove from east Knoxville toward Sevierville exit and there were a wide range of conditions. When I left, heavy snow was starting in Knoxville and continued until a hill just above exit 402. Then it switched over to more rain/ sleet. Turned around and came back. Back on the hill just east of Strawberry Plains it was all snow and I-40 was beginning to get some snow. Once I got back to Knoxville, some roofs and grassy surfaces had a little snow, but mostly rain and sleet with an occasional fat snowflake.