• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2018

That's a major improvement over 6Z, not that 6Z was all that bad.  No one is talking about the sudden snow in the forecast for tomorrow night into Friday.  Where did that come from?  MDT showed about 1" of snow tomorrow night by Friday morning.  That would make this 3 more snow events between now and next Tuesday, which is insane for April.

BTW, thanks so much for using Kuchera!!!

12z Euro continues norther trend - I can't post the maps I have but it is interesting that again the kuchera map is showing ratios greater than 10:1.  York/Lancaster/Harrisburg mostly in the 7-9" range on kuchera with State College even getting some love compared to 0z.  It's a big difference from 0z for DC so you can imagine how well that's going over somewhere else lol. 

20 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

12z Euro continues norther trend - I can't post the maps I have but it is interesting that again the kuchera map is showing ratios greater than 10:1.  York/Lancaster/Harrisburg mostly in the 7-9" range on kuchera with State College even getting some love compared to 0z.  It's a big difference from 0z for DC so you can imagine how well that's going over somewhere else lol. 

Nice I don't have maps but saw that as well. 

Just now, daxx said:

If models look like this tomorrow night I will be all in.  Don't get me wrong I'm excited, but I want just one more full day of model runs showing us getting snow in April. Paweather keep up the good vibes! 

will do. I feel like this will be good tonight but who knows. Just like Monday's storm that trended north and hit most of PA. I am hoping the same with this one. 

• Like 1

Shhhhhh!!  Don't tell anyone....I just grabbed this from the MA sub...

Jhtgltx.png

After reading several pages of their posts before I found this it was clear they were concerned over the dreaded "north trend".  DC went from 18" down to 3" in one run.  Haven't we seen this before for us too?  I do wish we all could share the love with this, but for them, and April, everything really does have to come together perfectly to have any hope, especially the event occurring overnight.

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Shhhhhh!!  Don't tell anyone....I just grabbed this from the MA sub...

Jhtgltx.png

After reading several pages of their posts before I found this it was clear they were concerned over the dreaded "north trend".  DC went from 18" down to 3" in one run.  Haven't we seen this before for us too?  I do wish we all could share the love with this, but for them, and April, everything really does have to come together perfectly to have any hope, especially the event occurring overnight.

Repeat of Sunday night and Monday to me. 

Most models trended north today & now put most of CTP in the game for good snow on Saturday!

Hopefully we settle into the sweet spot for this one over the next day or so. The last few storms, the good old Euro & NAM combo has been a good indicator of where the best snow will go, & I like where those 2 models went today for CTP.

CPC seems to like the further north trend!

1C7076FF-D850-4B8D-946B-8437F1A59391.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Friendly reminder, now that we're on daylight saving time, 12Z is 8:00AM local time.

Does anyone have a euro snowmap from 12Z they can post?  Very interested in seeing the north trend results.

Thanks Carlisle! Your right my bad I always have 12z=7am in my head since tracking for so many years. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

MDT has had a few gusts over 50 today, many - many - over 40. Still sounds like my roof wants to lift off. Wind sucks.

Those winds almost blew me over a couple of times down on 81 south of Carlisle. Little branches we're blowing out of the trees and hitting the truck. It was the worst wind I've driven in in a long time.

Now safely parked in Blacksburg, SC. What a difference a few hundred miles makes. Down here the grass is green and growing, and while most trees are budding, they are green, and some are leafed out already.

Hopefully I can get back Friday night and be safely at home for the Saturday storm.

That CPC map sends shivers up and down my spine....and I'm not referring to the much below temps outlook...haha.  LSV is almost perfectly in the center of that circle, geometrically-speaking.  Stunning.

I disagree with this storm being a repeat of Sun/Mon.  The high temps last Sunday were close to 60 degrees and we had to drop 28 degrees diurnally to reach freezing that night.  That won't be the case this time as the arctic front will move through us later Friday ensuring a much more rapid drop off in temps, and temps dropping below 32 and most likely remaining below freezing during the storm on Saturday.  An arctic air mass is moving in for this storm while we did not have one present last weekend.  Lastly, latitude played a major role with snow accumulations with the last storm as the further north you went the higher the amounts became.  Southern border counties got less than 2" generally.  This upcoming storm, as depicted on the CPC map will have its heavy axis from southwest to northeast, so the real southerners have a serious shot at serious accumulations this time around.

Finally, my winds this afternoon during the height of the peak winds were frequently gusting to near 40mph, with the absolute peak of 46.2 mph occurring right at 4:00pm.  This gust was the highest gust I have recorded this calendar year thus far.  While walking my dog around 1:00pm I thought I was going to get blown over a few times with those crazy gusts.  What a week of weather this has been so far, with the best yet to come??

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

That CPC map sends shivers up and down my spine....and I'm not referring to the much below temps outlook...haha.  LSV is almost perfectly in the center of that circle, geometrically-speaking.  Stunning.

I disagree with this storm being a repeat of Sun/Mon.  The high temps last Sunday were close to 60 degrees and we had to drop 28 degrees to reach freezing that night.  Second, an arctic air mass is moving in for this storm while we did not have one present last weekend.  Lastly, latitude played a major role with snow accumulations with the last storm as the further north you went the higher the amounts became.  Southern border counties got less than 2" generally.  This upcoming storm, as depicted on the CPC map will have its heavy axis from southwest to northeast, so the real southerners have a serious shot at serious accumulations this time around.

Finally, my winds this afternoon during the height of the peak winds were frequently gusting to near 40mph, with the absolute peak of 46.2 mph occurring right at 4:00pm.  This gust was the highest gust I have recorded this calendar year thus far.  While walking my dog around 1:00pm I thought I was going to get blown over a few times with those crazy gusts.  What a week of weather this has been so far, with the best yet to come??

I guess I could have clarified better, sorry the redo was with more on rates and how quick it came and left. My bad. The setup here is different but the overall way it acts is similar in timing and rates can it just slow down.