Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pasnownut

Spring 2018

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

MDT had .73 of rain overnight.

It seems like we will get a few more tenths of rain the next few hours.

It is only 60 degrees & it feels like October out right now.

 

i loved the breeze. had the windows and doors open. Wife ask me to start a fire :D she was cold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canderson said:

Looks like I ended up with .35". Weaksauce.

I'm kinda glad we didn't get all the rain lanco and surrounding areas got. Just enough to nourish the roses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Everyone on vacation?

It usually dies off this time of year. But no, i don't go on vacation until next week. Chicago then Milwaukee. 3 baseball stadiums and several brewery tours for my daughters college grad gift :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

It usually dies off this time of year. But no, i don't go on vacation until next week. Chicago then Milwaukee. 3 baseball stadiums and several brewery tours for my daughters college grad gift :wacko:

Aww man...that is my kind of trip! I've been to Wrigley several times dating back to the mid 80s, before they installed lights and and the neighborhood area got built up beyond Waveland Avenue. The ball seemed to carry so much better back then. First game I saw the Cubbies put up 12 and lost. Ryne Sandberg was 2-2 with 2 homers and 5 RBIs and that was through 2 innings. :)

I've been to 17 present and former MLB parks and I still rank Wrigley #1 ever so slightly over PNC Park. The caveat is that newer parks like PNC are much cleaner with far more fan friendly amenities, but nothing says baseball more than Wrigley and Fenway. They are gems that must be experienced. 

And has a die-hard (and I'm dying REALLY hard this year) O's fan, I cannot tell you how much I miss Memorial Stadium. I am not a fan of Fenway South...

I received nearly 2" of rain yesterday and last night. It can stop now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

It usually dies off this time of year. But no, i don't go on vacation until next week. Chicago then Milwaukee. 3 baseball stadiums and several brewery tours for my daughters college grad gift :wacko:

You're a great dad. Can you adopt me? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat and Sunday storm was pretty disappointing. Got a good amount of rain (yay leaking sunroof!) But nothing really beyond that. Where are the boomers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Aww man...that is my kind of trip! I've been to Wrigley several times dating back to the mid 80s, before they installed lights and and the neighborhood area got built up beyond Waveland Avenue. The ball seemed to carry so much better back then. First game I saw the Cubbies put up 12 and lost. Ryne Sandberg was 2-2 with 2 homers and 5 RBIs and that was through 2 innings. :)

I've been to 17 present and former MLB parks and I still rank Wrigley #1 ever so slightly over PNC Park. The caveat is that newer parks like PNC are much cleaner with far more fan friendly amenities, but nothing says baseball more than Wrigley and Fenway. They are gems that must be experienced. 

And has a die-hard (and I'm dying REALLY hard this year) O's fan, I cannot tell you how much I miss Memorial Stadium. I am not a fan of Fenway South...

I received nearly 2" of rain yesterday and last night. It can stop now. 

After our trip, she'll have been to 11 current stadiums. i'd have to really stop and think about mine (trying to remember the old ones) out of her 11 i took her to 10. Her 11th was Minnesota, when she played softball for the Harrisburg RBI that is where the National Tournament was, so they took them to a game. 

Fenway is my favorite. I highly recommend it. Great atmosphere in and around the stadium.

20 hours ago, canderson said:

You're a great dad. Can you adopt me? 

you drink to much :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Anduril said:

Sat and Sunday storm was pretty disappointing. Got a good amount of rain (yay leaking sunroof!) But nothing really beyond that. Where are the boomers

We really haven't had many boomers since the Tornado came through a couple weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

52 here but it is glorious. More please!

Fantastic sleeping weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

After our trip, she'll have been to 11 current stadiums. i'd have to really stop and think about mine (trying to remember the old ones) out of her 11 i took her to 10. Her 11th was Minnesota, when she played softball for the Harrisburg RBI that is where the National Tournament was, so they took them to a game. 

Fenway is my favorite. I highly recommend it. Great atmosphere in and around the stadium.

you drink to much :rolleyes:

We really haven't had many boomers since the Tornado came through a couple weeks ago. 

Fantastic sleeping weather. 

Most depressing park I was ever at was the old Cleveland Stadium. Back about 35 years ago i saw a Saturday afternoon game, it was a perfect weather day. Much like it is here today. The announced crowd was 6 thousand and something. Problem was...that stadium had 80,000 seats. So it was me, a friend of mine, and a few other baseball fans sitting in the midst of nearly 74,000 empty seats. We had short concession lines! 

I don't need any boomers, and i don't need any rain anytime soon. Ground is saturated and grass is growing like it's early April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Most depressing park I was ever at was the old Cleveland Stadium. Back about 35 years ago i saw a Saturday afternoon game, it was a perfect weather day. Much like it is here today. The announced crowd was 6 thousand and something. Problem was...that stadium had 80,000 seats. So it was me, a friend of mine, and a few other baseball fans sitting in the midst of nearly 74,000 empty seats. We had short concession lines! 

I don't need any boomers, and i don't need any rain anytime soon. Ground is saturated and grass is growing like it's early April. 

i bet lol. But that would suck being in an empty stadium. My wife didn't have any issues getting White Sox Tickets :lol:

i have to mow every 3-4 days. If i waited a week, the township would be sending out the codes enforcer.

Did you guys see the flooding in OCMD over the weekend? Some of the video and pictures were crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i bet lol. But that would suck being in an empty stadium. My wife didn't have any issues getting White Sox Tickets :lol:

i have to mow every 3-4 days. If i waited a week, the township would be sending out the codes enforcer.

Did you guys see the flooding in OCMD over the weekend? Some of the video and pictures were crazy.

I did...Saturday was the day that we typically arrive for our week's vacation. This year I happened to move it back 2 weeks to the last full week of June. That would have been miserable to unload everything in on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I did...Saturday was the day that we typically arrive for our week's vacation. This year I happened to move it back 2 weeks to the last full week of June. That would have been miserable to unload everything in on Saturday. 

That would have sucked. some guys i know were down. They were to be golfing but ended up being a drinking event. They had pictures and video of them standing in water half way up their shins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 47 this morning, very nice.  So far the first twelve days of June I have received 7.44 inches rain.  It's been soggy, but I will take the rain over 90 degrees and humid any day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty decent chance at severe weather across Central and Western PA through Upstate NY tomorrow. CAPE exceeding 1000 J/KG and shear over 40 knots supports the possibility of rotating supercells, although lapse rates are poor. There will be an MCS moving through early tomorrow morning: we need that move out as early as possible to allow for clearing and destabilization of the atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Winter Wizard said:

Pretty decent chance at severe weather across Central and Western PA through Upstate NY tomorrow. CAPE exceeding 1000 J/KG and shear over 40 knots supports the possibility of rotating supercells, although lapse rates are poor. There will be an MCS moving through early tomorrow morning: we need that move out as early as possible to allow for clearing and destabilization of the atmosphere. 

doesn't appear it wants to pull out anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

How is it your way MAG?

Tornado?

Nothing crazy just some pretty good downpours and a little bit of wind. There wasn't much of a couplet noted velocity-wise on approach and the portion of the storm that contained it went a bit south of here. Still was a little bit of excitement.. I can't remember the last time I was under an actual tornado warning.

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Tornado Warning north of Berwick...

That storm had a much better velocity signature, which has faded in recent frames (still there though). There was a brief point that it had nearly 90-100knots gate to gate so that had a much better chance of something possibly on the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

That storm had a much better velocity signature, which has faded in recent frames (still there though). There was a brief point that it had nearly 90-100knots gate to gate so that had a much better chance of something possibly on the ground. 

That storm wreaked hovoc up in the Wilkes-Barre area with reports of 4 structural collapses/damage. From what I'm hearing it is REALLY BAD up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×