Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gravity Wave said:

GEFS has over an inch of LE for the city with 850s and boundary temps below zero for 90% of it.

Just a heads up, ensembles are even worse at forecasting temps than global models. I would stick with the higher resolution, NAM, RGEM and ECMWF for temps.

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Second look, red area is greatest potential, light blue area is lowest potential for > 6" of snow for both events combined

sketched_5aaff38d1da8a.png

That red should be dragged almost to the shore. Almost every model shows greater than 6 inches for the shore. Even Mt. Holly is saying at least a 40% chance of greater than 5"

Just now, tempestatis014 said:

That red should be dragged almost to the shore. Almost every model shows greater than 6 inches for the shore

If I wanted to use one of those clown maps, I would have just posted that instead of drawing a map.

The immediate NJ coast is going to have BL issues with the second storm, and I'm not confident that they won't have issues with wave 1 either. Remember this is late March, not January or even February.

17 minutes ago, tempestatis014 said:

That red should be dragged almost to the shore. Almost every model shows greater than 6 inches for the shore. Even Mt. Holly is saying at least a 40% chance of greater than 5"

If you’re talking about this area right on the shore, I’m not sold on a significant event. Storm 2 will really have to produce since storm 1 will probably be a near miss. It’ll be a couple of degrees colder than the prior events but we will still need good rates and avoiding dry slot issues. 

28 degrees at EWR, 30 at NYC during the heaviest precip, massive snowstorm all the way to the coast. The only place you have to watch is East of the GSP in Central and SNJ where 925mb temps briefly go above freezing. These events can also have a sneaky warm tongue somewhere, but on paper this looks about as good as it gets.

5aaffe2b9dd7f.png

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived