• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

That is absolutely fascinating what that just did at 39 to 42 hour there off the M/A!!!!!  WOW -  ..mid level wind/vorticity handling

It abandoned the S/stream and imploded a new nadir S of LI ... I suspect that is the exertion/stress of the more aggressive N stream beginning the subsume process of a much more pure phase - yes ...I used "much more" there.

I don't typically like to engage in these play by plays with rollin' out model runs but ... this is a uniquely interesting situation we got brewin' here

• Like 2

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

That is absolutely fascinating what that just did at 39 to 42 hour there off the M/A!!!!!  WOW -

It abandoned the S/stream and imploded a new nadir S of LI ... I suspect that is the exertion/stress of the more aggressive N stream beginning the subsume process of a much more pure phase - yes ...I used "much more" there.

I don't typically like to engage in these play by plays with rollin' out model runs but ... this is a uniquely interesting situation we got brewin' here

Hour 42 looked like it was going to subsume into the n stream, but 45 it just escapes east. It might still get pulled back for eastern areas, but man was that close to something else...

1 minute ago, weatherbear5 said:

Doesn't look like a completely clean phase, a good chunk of the southern stream escapes. However, the better interaction grabs a lot more of it than last run. Should be really good for at the very least eastern areas

mmm... I don't believe that is what is happening there actually.

The N/stream is establishing dominance ...hence the term, 'subsume' and that imposes a reduction in systemic support for the existence of the S/stream in lieu of the N... you can see a new nadir of heights and DPVA genesis S of LI/E of NJ ...and that is the relay taking place... It's more of an "abandonment" than and "escape" -