• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Upstate/Eastern New York

6.1 inches here as of 8:15. As usual I’m lagging behind others. It didn’t change over to snow completely until 12:45 AM so I definitely lost an inch or two. Good returns coming in from the east right now but it looks to be breaking up just west of 81 so I’m getting a little nervous as it appears I’m right on the western edge of the Atlantic moisture. 

8” here,  My boss didn’t want to drive to Albany even though I have a 4x4 SUV... so teleconference from home LOL.  I know the correct answer when it’s given. ;) Roads aren’t that bad...where it’s plowed, just wet/slushy.  Some Light snow still falling.  I missed the good part of the storm overnight. Very meh at present.

Can see where the best snow is setting up, which is to the east of I-81. For the rest of us looks like maybe an inch or two the rest of this afternoon.  Sun trying to peak through a little bit ago.

Modeling that showed a snow minima of sorts over CNY may end up the most correct.

I was in Albany yesterday, balmy 50 degrees...KALB was forecasting a highly uncertain 2-4”...look at you now! 

No win situation forecasting for Capital district on this one. 

On a side note, I’m rooting for a tsunami to sweep into Montauk NY and carry this weather channel reporter out to sea. Insufferably stupid.

Looks like about 10 inches OTG in ROC but that was just a final measurement without any incremental measurements taken so I could tack on another 2 to account for compaction.  Winds and drifts were pretty awesome so tough to find a good place to measure.  Took just over two hours to clear the driveway which is a record for me.  Incredibly dense, heart attack stuff.  Definitely overperformed what I expected.  But here I am, at work....boooo

2 hours ago, LivingstonWx said:

15.4" here. Lost power around 2:30. Not expecting it back before midnight. My lilac bushes are just about destroyed. Best storm here since 2003. 

Great to see the Livingston(Genesee) valley finally have a nice event.  You guys always struggle to get big numbers.  Congrats!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Thinking there are gravity waves pulsing from E to W...can see one here (focus on radar ground zero):

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=TYX-N0Q-1-24

And here (focus over LO and see precip blossom):

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=BUF-N0Q-1-24

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It’s pretty interesting how you can see banding features moving from southeast to northwest on the radar loop. There’s one in particular going through Oneida county near Utica right now. 

Check out my post above...the one you're referring to is some banding...I think there are gravity waves in there as well. You can see it pushing into Eastern LO and enhancing the precip.

Power has just been restored as its been out since 5AM.  Just a horrible feeling being without power during an event but its back thank God.  10.5" here as of 5 minutes ago.  I'm happy and if these flakes weren't pes sized once again we'd still be accumulating as the temp is down to 29F here North of rt31!  Water Vapor image is not looking good for the area as moisture looks to be thinning pretty rapidly so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sun shines dimly through the cloud afternoon.