Newest Member
    Toothache
February Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Chill said:

Mid levels and surface looked great on the freebies. Great panel dude. No north trend please. 

this is where i wish the bullseye was in Richmond...because the storm is pretty strong...its not some weak sauce like the GFS that even if it wasnt supressed would be crap lol

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Being a church musician, I have to consider how the roads will look even on a Sunday...and this would be right in that commute time if it verifies! 

i was thinking the same thing haha...play electric guitar for my church

Just now, Ji said:

this is where i wish the bullseye was in Richmond...because the storm is pretty strong...its not some weak sauce like the GFS that even if it wasnt supressed would be crap lol

Only 4 days out from the -ao/transient 50/50 that sets it all up. We're right on the margins though. Plenty of reason to be nervous. 

ecmwf_z500a_nhem_5.png

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

euro looks like borderline warning level event.  Considering the lack of action between now and the end of the month its time to will this one home!

3 inches is my benchmark....we get 3 inches..that is a legit event for me and I will be happy...till Sunday night

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Oh do you now? Ah, so I'm not the only snow-loving musician on this thread! Message me (I won't cloud things up with any more banterish stuff here)

yep...dont mind my non church behavior in here lol...i get really emotional with snow. I promise im sorta normal in real life. Ill PM you

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Has to be a first this winter that the ECM and GGEM agree at this short a lead time. But the GFS is standing champion so we will see :yikes:

I feel better knowing that this "standing champion" has also been kinda jumpy this go round. Hasn't shown the same look two times in a row yet (just look at 6z and 12z, lol)

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So...what's more of a risk, here? North or south? (I'm guessing north based on the pattern?)

Yes, north is the most likely fail. Still could get a good mixed event becuase this is one of the better/fresher antecedent airmass we've had all year. Storms have been coming too late after the midlevels rot out. This one is basically the day after the front clears. Near perfect timing for a progressive pattern. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yes, north is the most likely fail. Still could get a good mixed event becuase this is one of the better/fresher antecedent airmass we've had all year. Storms have been coming too late after the midlevels rot out. This one is basically the day after the front clears. Near perfect timing for a progressive pattern. 

Im nervous for a north trend now. Euro is near perfect and we  have another 4.5 days. Thats an eternity in this pattern..lol

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Someone here did mention PD.

Archived