• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
ChescoPaWxman

January 8th Light Wintry Mix Event OBS

29 here. Light IR no SN here,  Can only imagine the longer this last the worse things will get.  Schools here let out early and kids are home.  Met no buses on my way home.

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

"freezing" rain and 32F. roads and cars all just wet. no accretion anywhere despite it being freezing and below all day as I thought.

its accreting everywhere aside from 413 here in wrightstown.  you thought wrong, sorry

Plus, it literally just started there...what is your DP?

16 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

its accreting everywhere aside from 413 here in wrightstown.  you thought wrong, sorry

Plus, it literally just started there...what is your DP?

wet roads from trenton to Langhorne. 

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

wet roads from trenton to Langhorne. 

doesn't surprise me on main roads, but back roads and some spots on mains will be icy.  my sidewalk is a solid (albeit thin) sheet of ice that I nearly feel walking on

1 minute ago, gakmsg said:

Very little to show for 20-25 db returns we're currently under.

light sleet I am guessing that is being picked up?  that was the situation here when I was under similar returns

If any snow mixed, I didn't notice. Looked to be IP/ZR the entire time -- there's a fine glaze on everything. Temp up to 29F.

Whoever said this isn't anything, I'm on an MVC now, and anything down here that isn't a main road, is a sheet of ice. 30 degrees with zr.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had 1/8" ice accretion.  There was a little bit of sleet, but it was mostly freezing rain.  Untreated roads are treacherous.  

Sounds like a bowl of Rice Krispies out there.  

0108182333.jpg

15" snow in the Sahara desert? Could be a bad omen that the cold is spilling over to that side of the globe and winter is going to leave us.

• Like 1

We ended up with some scary conditions here in NJ right outside of Philly. No idea how one measures ice lol but I went out there at midnight to see if it was possible to safely drive since we had to get up at 6 AM to take me into surgery. Driveway was 100 percent ice and the neighborhood was the same. The safest part in the road was the hard crunchy snow left over from the previous storm. Couldn't stop at all. Had to deal with it in the morning but the main roads were excellent and treated well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk