Newest Member
    amirah5
Christmas Miracle 2017

mitchnick

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro has snow (based on 850 temps) from 0z-6z on the 25th (i.e., Christmas Eve), but looks like the boundary layer is warm so no (or little) accumulation. I'd still take this. 

Evenly spaced N to S in the forum or skewed toward N.  Just curious

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

WxBell has it like 35 and light rain.  Groin kicker.

Ha. Yeah, it's possible with the boundary layer warmth.  Don't have profiles, so I couldn't say.  

Just now, BristowWx said:

Evenly spaced N to S in the forum or skewed toward N.  Just curious

North.  This looks like a northern half of the subforum event if there's an event at all.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Ha. Yeah, it's possible with the boundary layer warmth.  Don't have profiles, so I couldn't say.  

North.  This looks like a northern half of the subforum event if there's an event at all.  

must not be digging like the GFS 12Z.  still not punting.  any flakes would be a win for that time and be remembered

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Correct.  Vort is a fair bit further north on the Euro vs. the GFS.  

Yea, that's the issue. I don't care about dissecting 35 and drizzle or 10 flakes an hour. The real issue is the shortwave came in flatter/weaker/further north. This can change of course and it probably will (one way or the other). But it wasn't a good trend @ d3-4 leads. If the SW digs more with more energy temps will respond accordingly. No matter how you slice it, the euro depiction sucks. 

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If I can channel my inner Ji for a minute: the Euro never supports us when we need it. 

The Euro hasn't been feeling a Christmas Miracle™ in the cities for us at all. Not fond of that trend continuing inside d3-4. We need to see some changes soon. I'm waiting for the Euro to go amp happy but I'm not sure it'll get there. 

I'm not really interested in 10 flakes an hour either. Just give me a few hours of real -SN or SN and I'll take that as a Super Bowl win. 

Yes, that will need to happen, some 'ampiness'. Even so, if we get enough to cover things to white I'll consider it a win for Christmas am.

30 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ll take what I can get, but it would be nice to do something we haven’t done in a while. I’m far from sold on next week being a week of wonder.

Agree.  It will be fun to track until it’s mostly rain event.  I don’t liked amped solutions.  We don’t do well with those except extreme setups.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived