joxey
South of the pike clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hrrr still is kind of interesting even to the pike relatively speaking 

Yeah it is still really weenieish....RAP is weenieish too. But we know those short term nowacast models can do that beyond 6 hours...we'll need to see it continue. Ideally you'd want to see the 00z NAM/RGEM do something.

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Powderfreak

Must be laughing at this thread for fake snow

If only all of us could live in a hamlet wedged in the green mountain spine...

It's all relative anyway. I'm sure Grand Targhee, WY peeps laugh at green mountain upslope events.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If only all of us could live in a hamlet wedged in the green mountain spine...

It's all relative anyway. I'm sure Grand Targhee, WY peeps laugh at green mountain upslope events.

And the Thompson Pass people laugh at their snowfall!!! That’s where I would build a house somewhere above 4K in the coast range of Alaska. Hey guys I just had 15” in the last hour!!!

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If only all of us  could live in a extremely snowy hamlet wedged  in the green mountain  spine...

Well the picnicTables ave. A Bit over 300" And Snow about 60%of winter days

So thats like 4+x Orh

I could prob go from living anywhere (Extremely Snowy and be happy wether its 475"Or310"

Thou i would say SIERRA in a Big year blows them away due to massive frequent 5' storms and then Sunny days but there annual has had brutal stretches last 3 of 4 years

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well the picnicTables ave. A Bit over 300" And Snow about 60%of winter days

So thats like 4+x Orh

I could prob go from living anywhere (Extremely Snowy and be happy wether its 475

You should build a house at 3500 feet on the spine. Might have zoning problems though...maybe a little hut made of sticks?

If my 8:00 AM final tomorrow gets cancelled we have to make it up Saturday morning at 8:00 AM :angry::angry: 

I'm hoping it doesn't happen but I'm sort of thinking 2-4'' down this way. Nice ribbon of mid-level fronto moves overhead and we get sufficient lift/moisture into the SGZ with ratios near 18:1. Should see some enhancement from LIS Sound as well

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

If my 8:00 AM final tomorrow gets cancelled we have to make it up Saturday morning at 8:00 AM :angry::angry: 

I'm hoping it doesn't happen but I'm sort of thinking 2-4'' down this way. Nice ribbon of mid-level fronto moves overhead and we get sufficient lift/moisture into the SGZ with ratios near 18:1. Should see some enhancement from LIS Sound as well

We listen when you get aggressive. Terrible am commute incoming.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We listen when you get aggressive. Terrible am commute incoming.

I'll probably screw this one up too. My forecast was absolute garbage last weekend...pure garbage. I recognize after talking with Ryan on here that I underestimated the snowfall ratios so I've been trying to determine if I went more 10:1 if I would have went like 3-6'' as opposed to 2-4''. 3-6'' though still might not have cut it. I feel like though that the models completely missed the degree of 700mb frontogenesis that setup over the state and for how long it did. That also contributed to my lower forecast.

Anyways...these clippers where you have a substantial gradient between LIS and 850mb temps have to be watched closely. This alone will setup a nice narrow zone of enhanced frontogenesis and you get any moisture to ride up over that and you can rip for a decent amount of time. The key is just getting the right track of the s/w for this to happen. Radar doesn't look horrific and mesoanalysis is showing fronto beginning to develop.

Archived