Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm alive and kickin'!

KBOX has 2.3" snow so far as of 7 PM.   We're looking for a certain someone that frequents this room for his snow report!  If you're around Will, please give us a call.  Thank you.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Oh, and that truck Kev, OH MY!  ;)

Turtle 

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Where do you have a snowboard in downtown?  I live in the mills and the snow was much heavier down here than concord area.

I'm assuming this comment is for me.

I'm not giving away my exact location, obviously, but it's about a mile from mills.

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'm alive and kickin'!

KBOX has 2.3" snow so far as of 7 PM.   We're looking for a certain someone that frequents this room for his snow report!  If you're around Will, please give us a call.  Thank you.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Oh, and that truck Kev, OH MY!  ;)

Turtle 

Hey Turle what's happeningB)  Are you sure that the 2.3" was a 7PM observation and not a 4PM. It sounds kind of late. Boston was 0.9" at 1PM this after noon.  They never turned over to rain or mix.  Just curious?

WFSB just updated their map. I still don't understand why they have 2-4 in SE CT for mixing? Has anyone reported anything but snow in CT so far? Im curious because if it hasn't mixed yet, it's def not going to now. If anything SE CT may get the least in CT from getting screwed from banding.DQpCQswVAAA4Gmq.jpg.e9b831e9d8e683bcd226897c3361cc88.jpg

We had some sleet mixing in here earlier in Clinton...or at least very icy dendrites. But you’re right...banding has screwed us here. Rates have been pretty paltry most of the day. Looking at the radar, we may not even break 3”. Eyeballing about 2” now.

1 minute ago, Greg said:

Hey Turle what's happeningB)  Are you sure that the 2.3" was a 7PM observation and not a 4PM. It sounds kind of late. Boston was 0.9" at 1PM this after noon.  They never turned over to rain or mix.  Just curious?

Yep, it is.  We're in the north end of Taunton, near the Norton line.  It hasn't been snowing that heavily here.  Could be getting the heavier stuff just to our N.  

Turtle @ NWS BOX

43 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Just went to my snow board to clear it and measured 3.3" of new snow between 1 pm and 7 pm.

Storm total is now 4.1" for Dover. Not a bad start!

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Who are you replying to Mark?

Oops I did the quote thing wrong.  Replying to wxblue who is in dover.  Still living here til house in Boscawen is done in feb

12 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

I'm assuming this comment is for me.

I'm not giving away my exact location, obviously, but it's about a mile from mills.

I promise not to try to find you, unless you really blow a forecast.  :lol:  Glad to have another observer here.  Dover is a good snow spot...gets the cne nne stuff but also the coastal that interior cne misses

1 minute ago, Boston-winter08 said:

logan reported 4.3" as of 712p

Thank so much Boston-Winter:guitar: I knew the 2.3 sounded a little low for no change over.  That number 4.3" makes sense now. Now I understand why Harvey thinks Boston could get about 6" or so of snow when all is said and done.

8 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I promise not to try to find you, unless you really blow a forecast.  :lol:  Glad to have another observer here.  Dover is a good snow spot...gets the cne nne stuff but also the coastal that interior cne misses

Haha you never know who's reading our conversation.

Yes, it has been excellent for this event so far. From what I've heard, it's the best of both worlds here for a location outside mountains. Really enjoying the snow we're having tonight!

Happy with this event. For those who feel screwed by getting 2-4”.... :facepalm:

I was always expecting on the lower end of the guidance here...despite Uptons forecast of 4-8”. But still always a little bit of a bummer when the good banding misses you by 20 miles. Still, any snow before Christmas on the shoreline is good snow in my book.

Archived