• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

4 hours ago, Lookout said:

18z run of the cmc seems pretty bullish. Still showing that aggravating near surface warm bubble around here.. but overall..nw of the 12z run 

PT_PN_072_0000.gif

PT_PN_078_0000.gif

P6_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

P6_GZ_D5_PN_078_0000.gif

Total precip amounts between  06z friday and 06z saturday....

PR_060-084_0000.gif

You guys are a lot better at this than me but this set up looks unusual to me. The low looks pretty good just off the SE coast, but our cold high feed is the 1033 in northern, Mexico, n`est pas? I guess the 1044 over Idaho is a reinforcing cold feed, but that seems too far. It seems we need that 1033 about 1000 miles NE. Then we have our infamous great lakes low. On the 78 hour frames we have 3 lows that look well placed and about the right strength. So we have 2 highs, one that seems too far South, one that seems too far West, 2 upper Midwest lows, and 3 SE lows. With all that change in pressures, why are not seeing more wind, and with 3 lows a lot more moisture? Any good analogues for this set up?

2 minutes ago, griteater said:

Yep, UKMet looks more amped than its last run.  I think this hobby is fun, but I'm not sure.  Look at all these model runs and you and I get 38 degrees and rain

Well the UK is slightly less amped then the CMC so shift the snow swatch SE...LOL.  

• Like 1