Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Speculation 17/18 -December Thread

AMZ8990

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

While you guys wait on the 0z model runs. Ryan Maue has really put together a really nice website at weathermodels.com

They have plenty of detailed and free Euro maps there to look through. Really takes away the need for a WeatherBell subscription anymore.

Well I'll be danged, thanks for the link!  I wonder how long it'll stay free... Regardless, good to see you again bud!

While you guys wait on the 0z model runs. Ryan Maue has really put together a really nice website at weathermodels.com

They have plenty of detailed and free Euro maps there to look through. Really takes away the need for a WeatherBell subscription anymore.

Thanks for the link. I was just checking that site and the city charts and forecast is a great feature, especially for the EPS.

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

Temps look good also

Money.  Big high to the north.  WxSouth has been banging the drum about split flow.  See now that the trough appears to be bowl shaped in the East w a big EPO ridge....systems will try to undercut it and round the base of that trough.  I know you know that, Powel...not trying to be simplistic.  That explanation is for those new to the forum.  Going to test the rule about where systems enter and exit at the same latitude.

Indeed...it does get suppressed.  But it shows where this can go.  This far out...that is just a guess by the model.  Get us split flow and those storms will be lined up.

If those temp are anywhere close to being right, we’re going be in the freezer for a good while

Just now, PowellVolz said:

If those temp are anywhere close to being right, we’re going be in the freezer for a good while

It is one of those pay me now or pay me later runs.  If the cold comes down in one bundle like previous runs, pipe busting wx....or it could do like this run and come down in pulses without destroying the pattern.  But if this run verified...cold and storms would be common.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived