Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Speculation 17/18 -December Thread

AMZ8990

6 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Good info.  Have to think ice is this equation somewhere.  Again, I would not be surprised to see the Euro come back to the original ice storm from a few days ago.  Those big highs hitting a near vertical conveyor belt out of the GOM.  John, Flash and I were kicking this around the other day...is it the Euro or GFS or both that lose storms from d5-8 only to return to the same solution? If so, that ice storm may pop back up on a future run.

I've seen them all lose storms for a period in that range only to slowly bring them back. The GFS is especially bad to lose a storm to Cuba only to have to rapidly correct back north and west.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The individual members of the Euro that show snow are fairly close to the Euro Op's snow track for the most part. Though there are a number of other individual members that have the same axis of heavy snow but it's more east on different members. Some show Memphis to Clarksville. Others Jackson to Nashville and others Chattanooga to Tri Cities. On almost every one it's  narrow band, probably 150 miles wide with the heaviest part probably being 90 miles wide.

Which section of Tennessee had the most members on board and how many did E Tennessee have overall?

18 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Which section of Tennessee had the most members on board and how many did E Tennessee have overall?

For more than 2 inches, I'd say the most members hit Clarksville and Nashville areas. East Tennessee had 2 or 3 for the Central Valley and Eastward. There were more from the Plateau and Westward. 

Hour 180 it was very close to having a nice winter storm for us. Snow breaks out on the other side of the Apps.

Main take aways from this run is that the cold air gets here quicker and is in place for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. This is a direct result from no energy being left behind in the California/Nevada regions and a progressive trough that sweeps across the country instead of getting stuck. This solution is literally hundreds of miles away from the past few.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived