Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Speculation 17/18 -December Thread

AMZ8990

15 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I honestly like your position better currently than mine. As I mentioned, out of the 50 ens members more were similar to the 12z run yesterday with the western areas near the threat than the far eastern areas. At this range the signal is strong that a storm is going to happen. Think of it like a hurricane cone. I'd say St Louis to Charlotte at minimum are still in the window of it's potential path.

Thanks Carver, I needed someone to bring me back down to reality! Ha.  I hope it pans out for all of us honestly.  You are right though, it has had west tn near the storm or in it on quite a few runs.  I'm anxious to see how todays runs pan out.  BTW, it sure was nice to see ole Jax posting last night.  I'm sure I speak for most on our forum when I say we've been missing his input.  We're Glad to hear your feeling better Jax!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked back through the last 10 runs of the GFS for 1 pm on the 23rd. It's a valley wide moderate snow event, freezing rain events for NW areas, all rain with the freezing line in central Ohio, all rain with the freezing rain in central Kentucky, and two or three runs it was no precip at all with the freezing line in central Mississippi with deep south ice.  So to say the least, we're still a ways out and it's sorting plenty of things out. 

Euro blows the cold front through, but the second wave is weak/strung out and doesn't really get it's act together this run. Very light snow from Nashville eastwards basically. 1/2 inch or so in Nashville, maybe an inch just east of there, 1.5 inches on the high spots on the Plateau. 2 inches near Wise and the high spots of SWVA.

8 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Euro blows the cold front through, but the second wave is weak/strung out and doesn't really get it's act together this run. Very light snow from Nashville eastwards basically. 1/2 inch or so in Nashville, maybe an inch just east of there, 1.5 inches on the high spots on the Plateau. 2 inches near Wise and the high spots of SWVA.

Yeah you're right,i didnt switch my control and was still looking at last evenings run,it wasnt that great after all

9 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

They go through, you have to refresh your page each time.

I've been doing that. Only have gotten your notification, and only have not seen updates from the Mid Atlantic thread, despite getting notifications saying there are 19 replies

And by the way, it keeps pasting previous images for whatever reason

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived