• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Let's Talk Winter!!

Flurries off and on yesterday, but that was all she wrote. Was nice to at least see flakes fly, used my wood burning stove for the first time this year as well. 

Looks like the pattern is going dry for the foreseeable future, and a warmup next weekend. No snow in my forecast for the next 8 days. Ugh. 

Me too.  My seasonal average of 25 over the last 3 years.  And with these clippers wiffing to the NE and the fantasy cutters looking to rain me out, prospects aren't good.  But hey, when that "make it up" big dog gets here it'll be epic! At least thats what I keep telling myself lol.:weenie:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iluvsnow said:

Not that I believe this til it happens...but the 12 Z Euro snow maps for Christmas day. All of this falls on Christmas day for Ohio 

Wow! Talk about the perfect "3 C" highway dump for Christmas!  But that massive HP approaching 1070mb just after Xmas day will probably drive the deep moisture too far east.

3 minutes ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You guys playing Possum in here, scared you'll jinx the pattern? LOL! I guess it's easy to do when we have been scorned by winters of the past. 

But it's a NEW season!!!! Wake up....time to dream big.  I like what I see over the next 2 weeks...this is OUR year!

LOL. Think we have been burned too much! Maybe our luck will change....let’s hope!

3 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You guys playing Possum in here, scared you'll jinx the pattern? LOL! I guess it's easy to do when we have been scorned by winters of the past. 

But it's a NEW season!!!! Wake up....time to dream big.  I like what I see over the next 2 weeks...this is OUR year!

It definitely will be active! Whether it's rain or snow is yet to be determined, but I'd rather have this than a cold and dry suppressed pattern.

21 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Recent model runs are why we are very pessimistic around here..............

22 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Have been saying this elsewhere for months. Just a gut thing based on all the screw-overs you've suffered. Plainly, OHV is owed. Glad the GFS is pushing next week's BD to the EC, let them take some model beatings for a few days til it shifts back. 

On 12/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You nailed it Buddy!  I'm currently enjoying the warmth of the Bahamas right now but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been watching model runs to see what's up when I get back,

That being said I think us Ohioans (at least the i70 corridor crowd) have developed a cynicism unmatched in its depth and validation  .....explaining the anemic growth of this thread.

Don't show me fantasy storms or perfect patterns ...

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, buckeye said:

You nailed it Buddy!  I'm currently enjoying the warmth of the Bahamas right now but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been watching model runs to see what's up when I get back,

That being said I think us Ohioans (at least the i70 corridor crowd) have developed a cynicism unmatched in its depth and validation  .....explaining the anemic growth of this thread.

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

amen. I doubt it is any better than a 1-2 inch fluff job, though that is a snow boom around here.............

15 hours ago, buckeye said:

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

Phew!!! When I posted my message a couple of days ago, I thought to myself..."surprised Buckeye hasn't checked in.?. I hope he's ok"...... and all the while you are in the Bahamas. :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, buckeye said:

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

Ha!  I referenced you earlier this week in one of the other model watchn threads, someone said something like "when will this system get locked down" and I replied "When Buckeye says so!".  B)

• Haha 1

My son just got a cool snow tube for his birthday. I asked him what he was going to do with it since it doesn’t snow here anymore! Lol. It came w/ a gift receipt so thinking we should return it for a warm coat when it’s cold & dry & some rain boots when it’s warm & wet! 

Our luck has to change soon doesn’t it? Here’s to an inch at least hopefully on Christmas Eve!

On 12/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

This is why. New year, same screw jobs for much of the Ohio Board. Over the past 3 years, winter (that I have always looked forward to) has just become dead here. Idk what, if anything will change it. These two photos are prime examples of why many of us are not posting much anymore. 

EDIT: Only let me.upload 1. GFS looks the same, however.

Screenshot_20171223-053010_1.png

7 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

This is why. New year, same screw jobs for much of the Ohio Board. Over the past 3 years, winter (that I have always looked forward to) has just become dead here. Idk what, if anything will change it. These two photos are prime examples of why many of us are not posting much anymore. 

EDIT: Only let me.upload 1. GFS looks the same, however.

Screenshot_20171223-053010_1.png

That says it all right there! What a horrible run it has been. 

Nice slump breaker for northern ohio with a legit 2-5 inches of fluffy snow.........of course tomorrow morning I am coming to Columbus for Christmas ahahaha. I must be the bad luck.

I went from Columbus to Canton/Akron and back today. There was snow the whole way in the mid-day. Nice flake size. The greatest accumulation was about 1" at Akron, that I saw. So, not a huge one. Hoping for some more snow!