joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

That is actually Maria

Well... Jose first, then Maria toward Maine if we saw the D11 ...

I know that Scott gets to see the D11... in fact, when I worked at WSI I had access to the Euro through D15 ... obviously no skill - but the model does run out that far.  Unless that was discontinued..

Well... for what it's not worth (a lot most likely...), the 72 to 96 hour position(differential) and depths, do respectively argue for position about 50 naut miles closer to ISP at closest pass on the 12z versus the 00z, and about 5 mb deeper.

It's probably noise...

The 00z run then allows Jose to escape seaward entangled up in that escaping baroclinic zone... while as we know, the 12z is showing the unlikeliest of unlikely solutions..

I think what these solution differences tell us first and foremost is that there is not a lot of faith in any one Euro solution, because that's about as poor continuity as there can be in track guidance...

Also, as Irma "refreshed" in our minds (or should have)... those certain tracks up through the Bahamas, that became the eastern shores of Florida (in fact, there were several cycles threatening to go Matthew with it), then ...ultimately hop-scotching off the N coast of Cuba before in fact turning N on the west coast of FL...

Hello, those late track corrections were just that ...late...as in, < 72 hours ... Or so, but the point is, heh, these modeling continuity issues and recent lessons combined, for me personally I am not confident on a miss or a strike either way. The best discussion highlight still for me is the one regarding climo ...and that sort of hedges toward a miss SE of CC... But that's not much to go on -

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well... for what it's not worth (a lot most likely...), the 72 to 96 hour position(differential) and depth, due respectively argue for position about 50 naut miles closer to ISP at closest pass on the 12z versus the 00z, and about 5 mb deeper.

It's probably noise...

The 00z run then allows Jose to escape seaward entangled up in that escaping baroclinic zone... while as we know, the 12z is shows the unlikeliest of unlikely solutions..

I think what these solution difference tell us first and foremost is that there is not a lot of faith in any one Euro solution, because that's about as poor continuity as there can be in track guidance...

Also, as Irma "refreshed" in our minds (or should have)... those certain tracks up through the Bahamas, that became the eastern shores of Florida (in fact, there were several cycles threatening to go Matthew with it), then ...ultimately hop-scotching off the N coast of Cuba before in fact turning N on the west coast of FL...

Hello, those late track corrections were just that ...late...as in, < 72 hours ... Or so, but the point is, heh, these modeling continuity issues and recent lessons combined, for me personally I am not confident on a miss or a strike either way.

Will say this, seems the right hand turn is pretty well modeled on all modeling but these things have to be watched for sure. But to your point, model corrections west or East at 25 degrees Lat certainly are not comparable to when they run into the westerlies at 35 degrees. errors, and you can look it up, north of 35 degree in Hurricane modeling are overwhelmingly west

Jose looks to be on the mend right now, shear looks to have lowered over his central core and the core is building intense storms around it.  Also he is moving into warmer waters.  His overall low level circulation is impressive, it extends for miles outward almost from Hatteras, NC to Bermuda.  His cirrus outflow cloud configuration is impressive especially in the eastern semicircle and is improving in the western side.  He should peak around 100mph I would say in the next 24 hours.

Archived