joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

What locations did the NWS cut snowfall amounts that you mentioned? I cant see your location in the app Im using. Thanks.

I don't know. I just loaded the weather nation app on my ps4 and saw the blizzard warning had changed for my location and the totals in ot said 12 to 16... levittown.

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If the hrrr is to be believed, there will be pockets of sleet moving thru SE PA with some of the convective banding however it now implies the main mix "line" stays East of I95. Pockets of sleet wont hurt us much as long as the main line stays East.

so according to the hrrr it will rotate between sleet and snow? don't think I've ever seen that before. usually it changes to sleet and doesn't change back til the end.

We made it, Mt Pocono, let me know if I am in the wrong regional sub and if there are any members out this way.  Started snowing in Dover DE, think it is 476 up was bad but I took PA 903 and Long Pond rd the last 20 miles, got hairy for a bit.  4" in the parking lot, temp around 21.

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

We made it, Mt Pocono, let me know if I am in the wrong regional sub and if there are any members out this way.  Started snowing in Dover DE, think it is 476 up was bad but I took PA 903 and Long Pond rd the last 20 miles, got hairy for a bit.  4" in the parking lot, temp around 21.

I don't know if there is anyone in Mt Pocono proper but we have several NE PA posters in this forum so you're in the right place.

so according to the hrrr it will rotate between sleet and snow? don't think I've ever seen that before. usually it changes to sleet and doesn't change back til the end.

According to the hrrr yes. Not sure Ive seen that before either, just reporting what model shows verbatim. Irt those bright bands entering SE PA on doppler they are doing the classic yellow/orange to dark green dbz change on doppler which is indicative sleet is hitting a wall and echoes looking more snow-like. Keeping hope alive for PA....one band at a time, lol

I'd like to be a bit more NW but can't complain...

Hrrr continues to up the ante. Pretty much locked in past 3-4 runs or so to keep sleet line East of I95. Continues increasing snowfall amounts for our area and adds roughly an additional 18-22" here on top of the 3" or so already on the ground. Wowser!!!

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Hrrr continues to up the ante. Pretty much locked in oast 4 runs or so to keep sleet line East of I95. Continues increasing snowfall amounts for our area and adds roughly and additional 18-22" here on top of the 3" or so already on the ground. Wowser!!!

How about us far N&Wers, wind is starting to crank here

Just a word of caution from here on I-95 at the Delaware toll plaza, we got MAYBE 2 inches at most and it is pure RAIN, (Freezing Rain). That HRRR output is complete nonsense. That 8-11 inch HRRR map is pure fantasy.

Good luck to you guys up there, but I think the change is coming for some of you more than you know.

7 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Just a word of caution from here on I-95 at the Delaware toll plaza, we got MAYBE 2 inches at most and it is pure RAIN, (Freezing Rain). That HRRR output is complete nonsense. That 8-11 inch HRRR map is pure fantasy.

Good luck to you guys up there, but I think the change is coming for some of you more than you know.

This is what I'm afraid of, that HRRR couldn't distinguish precip type and counted everything as snow even if sleet or maybe even freezing rain.  

1 minute ago, shemATC said:

This is what I'm afraid of, that HRRR couldn't distinguish precip type and counted everything as snow even if sleet or maybe even freezing rain.  

are you over to all sleet now too? just changed over in levittown. hope it isn't for good or this storm will be a massive massive bust. not even the warm models flipped us this quick...

Good luck to you guys as well! Hrrr has you guys as a mix right now then the line hangs right there or teeters around a bit before collapsing SE as the storm bombs in a few hours. Few pingers and a few dippin dots mixed in here 95% snow tho. I expect pockets of mixing periodically even up here today as is inevitable with these strong coastal winter storms.

are you over to all sleet now too? just changed over in levittown. hope it isn't for good or this storm will be a massive massive bust. not even the warm models flipped us this quick...

Ugh, they did so. This was expected until the storm bombs in a few hours. If Im reading your posts correctly 24" for you else its a bust lol?

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Good luck to you guys as well! Hrrr has you guys as a mix right now then the line hangs right there or teeters around a bit before collapsing SE as the storm bombs in a few hours. Few pingers and a few dippin dots mixed in here 95% snow tho. I expect pockets of mixing periodically even up here today as is inevitable with these strong coastal winter storms.

I have those same conditions as you Ralph, mostly snow back down to 32.0

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ugh, they did so. This was expected until the storm bombs in a few hours. If Im reading your posts correctly 24" for you else its a bust lol?

no I said 14 to 18 here... if we sleet for hours, there's no way we get there and a foot may even be pushing it. most models didn't flip us until 6 or 7 am from what I saw.

Archived