joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok what we finish off winter with in terms of snowfall amounts is not what we have on February 5th, this winter is below average, but it doesn't mean it has sucked.  We have had good storms.  Well you guys obviously think having a lot of snow is normal for this area on February 5th, some winters are ugly starters and others aren't, just got to play it by storm.  If we have a 10" storm it will bring us close to our averages.

8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Why is it down, did I miss a new mandate stating that winter is now officially over on February 5th?

Dude really?  This winter has blown so far.....that's why it's down.....nobody said it's officially over Feb 5 but to get back to normal or turn this puppy around you need a Tom Brady / Bill Belicheck performance.....Sorry Joe / Bill (RIP)

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Ok what we finish off winter with in terms of snowfall amounts is not what we have on February 5th, this winter is below average, but it doesn't mean it has sucked.  We have had good storms.  Well you guys obviously think having a lot of snow is normal for this area on February 5th, some winters are ugly starters and others aren't, just got to play it by storm.  If we have a 10" storm it will bring us close to our averages.

Right, but TO THIS POINT it has sucked and been boring.

You don't have a very firm grasp of the english language.

8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Harwich is tough any winter......but there's interior areas that have sucked pole all winter.....suppressed or cutter it seems.....maybe we get back to normal but the way we get there matters as much as the ultimate numbers......the final numbers don't tell the whole story....

Just now, ice1972 said:

Harwich is tough any winter......but there's interior areas that have sucked pole all winter.....suppressed or cutter it seems.....maybe we get back to normal but the way we get there matters as much as the ultimate numbers......the final numbers don't tell the whole story....

Ok, but my point is that happens, not every winter is the best winter

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Ok, but my point is that happens, not every winter is the best winter

I know.....The thing is we want every winter to be the best winter and when it's not it's ok to be totally pissed about it.....I feel ya....New England winter can deliver and that's what we all want every season

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Southern areas have had a decent winter.

Come on......How has HFD done relative to normal?.....It seems like we're below average and honestly I tried to look up average to date vs this yrs snowfall to date and came up empty in the 2 minutes I was willing to actually look.....there's folks in here that probably have that data bookmarked.....throw a weenie a bone

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Come on......How has HFD done relative to normal?.....It seems like we're below average and honestly I tried to look up average to date vs this yrs snowfall to date and came up empty in the 2 minutes I was willing to actually look.....there's folks in here that probably have that data bookmarked.....throw a weenie a bone

From e CT points east, I mean.

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

From e CT points east, I mean.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. SE MA got twice what Metro BOS got on that good snow about two weeks back. I drove south to IKEA today and Stoughton actually had much more snow "pack" OTG than the more rural areas just outside BOS proper. 

Archived