Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I just don't understand why an op model would jump like this at 9 day leads. It makes no sense. There's no chance it's wrong either. By this time next week it will be 80 and supercells. 

So that is unusual, huh (I thought so too, but I'm a novice so I wasn't sure). I mean such a dramatic shift? Somethin' the models aren't picking up on? QBO? MJO (could you tell me what that is, exactly? Is it doing something unusual this year?)

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

we cant even get 2 runs in a row

In a pattern like this, persistence is key.  To win, all you have to do is bet against white (snow).  I know the model won't stay the same from here on out, but if you had to bet your life on something, which way would you bet.    I'd bet everything on that cutter. 

Look, it is what it is..no use getting upset.  We can't have all 7's on the slot machine every winter.  Might as well get this bad one out of the way.  I'd love to be wrong and be trolled. 

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So that is unusual, huh (I thought so too, but I'm a novice so I wasn't sure). I mean such a dramatic shift? Somethin' the models aren't picking up on? QBO? MJO (could you tell me what that is, exactly? Is it doing something unusual this year?)

We are looking at an op run at 222...laughter and pain are just part of the process.  No one really took the last run seriously nor did they take this one seriously.  If you just rely on the seasonal trend temps in the 40s with light rain is the expected outcome.  You can never go wrong with that forecast especially this winter.

Just now, BristowWx said:

We are looking at an op run at 222...laughter and pain are just part of the process.  No one really took the last run seriously nor did they take this one seriously.  If you just rely on the seasonal trend temps in the 40s with light rain is the expected outcome.  You can never go wrong with that forecast especially this winter.

This too

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived