Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Surprisingly....snowy analogs...62, 68, 05, 71, 04.

Pack,

Can you give me a link to look at the regional snow for those years (preferably not just for NC, and by month)? I can get temps and precip, but cannot find precip type.

Thanks for any assistance!

Best,

Phil

2 minutes ago, pcbjr said:

Pack,

Can you give me a link to look at the regional snow for those years (preferably not just for NC, and by month)? I can get temps and precip, but cannot find precip type.

Thanks for any assistance!

Best,

Phil

You have to register to get access to this one...it's free.  Once you get access follow the sceeenshot below.  

http://mrcc.isws.illinois.edu/CLIMATE/

I also use this one but for NC only. 

http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter_wx/database.php

IMG_3682.PNG

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

18z GEFS says forget about that. Too fast to move the -NAO out. a8b2c9b8f88187844377fac15c1c7615.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You blink on the GEFS and the NAO is gone...does make sense, the ensembles tried this in early Dec and it didn't pan out.  But, EPS has been bouncing around run to run.  

It's similar to EPS in PAC but a train wreck in the Atlantic. 

Model wars are always fun. 

IMG_3685.PNG

JB thoughts tonight on the cold!

Quite frankly the Euro is all in for a severe coast to coast outbreak, the US models have cold feet. ( they are cold, but they really hold it back. Its now mid winter and we have no 6 month blow torch to erase.. time for the cold to come. Naturally it will be worse in the center of the nation, but the easts cold will be stronger longer than the December cold was.. And to me the extremity of a year like 1985 is on the table this upcoming month.

We did break some records from 83 in the central plains, and that was another bathtub slosh year

On a side note, it appears the Parallel is not all its cracked up to be, and while the colors are pretty, the euro skill scores still dominate

15 minutes ago, Jonesing for a chase said:

It's definitely better if you wanted to see the SE ridge beaten down.  Our biggest concern in this pattern may be suppression.  

Just me, but I really struggle with this line of thinking when I see it on here.  99% of the year we don't have temperatures that are even cold enough to support wintry precipitation, so it's hard for me to see how we should be concerned about the pattern being too cold / too suppressed.  Just my opinion on the matter

Archived