Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Not sure I can recall such big differences at day 10-11 between GEFS/EPS.  

IMG_3999.PNG

IMG_4001.PNG

Yeah that's impressive. GEFS actually holds the -EPO/+PNA. EPS says no and flattens the ridging. If the 6-10 day pattern can hold past day 10 we'll have to see fireworks at some point. Rooting for the GEFS, both models have pretty poor skill even at Day 10 so we will see what they agree on. Canadian more in line with EPS so that's the model I favor at this point. 

The pattern is fairly ripe IMO.  12 GFS Ens Mean and the 12z CMC both show precip streaking out of the NE gulf and off the SE coast on the 29-30th.  The northern stream dominant look we are getting right now isn't a bad place to be in at this time range.  Need the large scale trough to not trend east on us.

Odds are RDU will finish the winter below 2" of snow, currently sitting at 0.5".   That will make it 4 out of 6 years and 8 out of past 13 below 2".   I thought the 90's were bad...kind of pathetic how much time wasted tracking a chance of snow during that time.  

11 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Odds are RDU will finish the winter below 2" of snow, currently sitting at 0.5".   That will make it 4 out of 6 years and 8 out of past 13 below 2".   I thought the 90's were bad...kind of pathetic how much time wasted tracking a chance of snow during that time.  

Lol! They can get two inches from the clipper fest that's coming! I think they beat the odds! Lol

sadly GSP is at 4"+ for the winter, so slightly ahead of RDU at this time!

13 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

GFS not even showing cold now.  Not reallly anyway.  Becoming resigned to the fact that we are in trouble.  All of us.  At least some of the SE saw snow.  Glad for that.

True! Winter cancel and gefs sucks! All hail eps!! There you go pack, torch away, strat warming outta give us a cold mid March anyway! Fab February is amazeballs 

Archived