joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco & Obs for first region wide snow event 12/05

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a hunch this wasn't going to shear out into nothing. Right now looks like a widespread C-1" away from the immediate south coast with a localized area of 1-2" wherever the enhancement area sets up. I'd lean north on that based on past experience and recent trends, but it's always a bit of a guess until it actually starts up. Regardless, should be nice to have snow in the air and will be a nice appetizer for what may come later in the week.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Tremendous inflow over the Gulf of Mexico into this system, it really sucks how the shortwave dampens, but something sharpens up the trough according to the GFS run with an explosive surface cyclogenesis.  This could be a December to remember.

What GFS model are you looking at?  Nothing shows this.  It's an open wave with a meager SLP around 1015mb that traverses across the region 

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What GFS model are you looking at?  Nothing shows this.  It's an open wave with a meager SLP around 1015mb that traverses across the region 

I think he is confusing it with the system Tues night and Wed. 

6 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

NAM and 4km bumped up amounts a bit. Pretty consistent trend of slowly but steadily increasing QPF on both models(and others as well).

Let me add to the diosco here. Mesos are picking up on a coastal frontal convergence that may enhance the snow by an inch or 2 for some lucky soul. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Rgem is less than an inch and melted by dark

Yeah not the run I wanted to see out of the RGEM. Still, it at least looks like many should pick up measurable and hopefully an inch. Anything higher I would consider pure gravy.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Of course. No snow here now. Sorry i got excited. Congrats ORH

You'll get an inch or two.  It's kind of a crappy low where the mid level moisture is gone shortly after 12z and lift below the DGZ..but might get a shot of moisture coming up from LI sound to help out like some mesos have. 4KM NAm shows this. 

Archived