Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

Just now, NEG NAO said:

I want you to go tell Joe Cioffi - Joe Rao and DT what you told me yesterday..............Cioffi and Rao do live web casts where you can make comments

I'm NOT talking to Joe C, or RAO ... there pro mets... my arguement is your posting height  anaomly maps with NO explanation as to why...and when I asked for you to explain them... you couldn't... hence my point... don't just post random maps cause a pro Met uses them, 99.9% of EVERYONE on this board is NOT a pro Met

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NEG NAO said:

you are wrong and I am going to tell you why - its much easier for the hobbiest to understand the tropical tidbits map I posted then yours - that why all the other Mets use them - only one I see using yours is Bernie Rayno

What?!?!? Your telling me using a hight anomoly map to predict storm track is easier for a hobbiest to use than a 500vort? Lmao... ooooooook...

still waiting for the explanation as to why those maps were showing what they were showing

2 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

first of all I did not continue our discusiion and deleted mine because it was in the model thread - I don't believe in posting nonsense there - and if those maps are good enough for Cioffi and Rao they are good enough for me - we weren't discussiing specific storm track we were discussing the 500mb pattern

Lol ok

5 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

I am just a hobbiest - and I mentioned earlier what you are - when I see you have a MET tag then I will take you seriously

How's those 70F days doing? Was it warm at your house? I didn't issue any refunds lmao

when you can explain your own posts.. other than "a pro Met posted it" I'll take you serious :weenie:

Just now, NEG NAO said:

go tell Cioffi or Rao or DT to stop using the height anomalies in their presentations - see what happens

They ACTUALY DESCRIBE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY....they don't just throw up a map and say "there ya go" lmao... 

Joe and DT didn't post on this forum, stop using them to defend your posts... if you can't actually explain the differences in the maps, that you are posting, you have no business posting them, half the people and lurkers are here to learn (myself included), if your gonna post something like a vort or hight anomoly, or 850 etc etc.. have some godamn explanation behind it.. weenie maps like precip and snowfall is the only thing you shouldn't need to explain or give a reason for posting...... but posting a map to look smart cause a pro Met did showed it, is a prime example of an awful post 

5 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

why don't you criticize the posters who just post a short comment about a model run  with no map to back it up  ? That's 10 times worse:poster_stupid:

Cause youre out to make enemies.....I always ignored your stupid posts till you slammed me for calling the 70+ days a week out, telling me how wrong I was, and how it wasn't possible in February, good luck with that etc... basically weenie posts cause you didn't wanna believe the warmth... and what happened?

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

There's something in the water tonight.  We even got a storm specific thread to pop up.....in the day 6-7 range.....in March.......

I dont see any storm threads and it seems ulster was arguing with himself...what water did you drink? I have a good guess. Lol

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

I dont see any storm threads and it seems ulster was arguing with himself...what water did you drink? I have a good guess. Lol

I can make the thread reappear if you'd like.

It wasn't bong water lol.  

6 hours ago, bluewave said:

This forum gets their snowstorms while the general public enjoys lower heating bills.

Unfortunately the power companies are as corrupt as always.  If you compare your heating bills from year to year, the savings aren't as great as they should be, because they adjust the rate per unit.  I'm still getting paying at least 1000 dollars a month even during our milder winter months (like this January for example.)

Wow April 1995 low of 23 was almost as cold as April 1982 low of 21.  But the April 1995 event was accompanied by clear blue skies, high winds and no snow (and a high of around 36 if I remember right- quite an accomplishment in April with clear blue skies.)

You pay $1k per month in utilities? Have you replaced your windows or reinsulated yet? Changed over to led bulbs for light? 

That seems high, unless you have a large house in which case, congrats. I think I've paid $1,100 total, since October 1 for heating oil and the older part of my home was built in 1850. I average $100 per month in electrical bills.  

10 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

You pay $1k per month in utilities? Have you replaced your windows or reinsulated yet? Changed over to led bulbs for light? 

That seems high, unless you have a large house in which case, congrats. I think I've paid $1,100 total, since October 1 for heating oil and the older part of my home was built in 1850. I average $100 per month in electrical bills.  

My electric is my only utility bill... (non luxury) 

well water

and wood stove for heat

129$ a month... I could not imagine 1k for utilities...

my electric, heating, internet, tv and cell phone bill isn't even 1k and my house is 3100 sqft, it's only 2 years old though so it's fairly energy efficient 

2 hours ago, Paragon said:

Unfortunately the power companies are as corrupt as always.  If you compare your heating bills from year to year, the savings aren't as great as they should be, because they adjust the rate per unit.  I'm still getting paying at least 1000 dollars a month even during our milder winter months (like this January for example.)

What?  Are you powering the neighborhood? lol..

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived