Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Euro is the last man up.  Will be interesting to see if it stays south and continues the looping scenario.

Amateur,  You know theres still two models left out that have to come on board (Lookout French model & Bastardi JMA). And by the way heard Basstardi on hannity radio program on way home yesterday throwing out watch western Gulf latter next week. Just passing along.

What a difference an hour away makes - I clicked to refresh the Jacksonville area flood gauges and all the greens went Yellow or Red.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=JAX

NOAA Tidal Gauge at Mayport reported the 2nd highest water level ever here - behind only the Oct 1898 hurricane.  They're already ahead of Hurricanes Dora (1964) and Jeanne.

4 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Pretty legit cane conditions last several hrs in St Augustine...nothing earth shattering but I am sure the tree damage is extensive and thats what does the majority of the damage to homes in these storms....trees falling on homes and cars....gusting to 90 mph....

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=sauf1

I was just there in June (first time ever visiting, nephew got married there), beautiful historic town....  Really hate to hear/see what it's like right now.  Hope the damage will be minimal

40 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Amateur,  You know theres still two models left out that have to come on board (Lookout French model & Bastardi JMA). And by the way heard Basstardi on hannity radio program on way home yesterday throwing out watch western Gulf latter next week. Just passing along.

Lol I totally forgot about the French model!  I thought the JMA was out earlier than the Euro?  I need to look at that one.

2 minutes ago, metwannabe said:

4km NAM making landfall just north of Charleston

yeah thats ugly if it goes NE from there......

here is a video from my parents neighborhood after Irene, the official high gust was 73, it doesnt take a big storm to do a lot of tree damage, the video was on a crappy phone so you cant see the huge number of trees down in the woods, or on the house when we stop to go under the tree but in this little neighborhood alone 6 houses had trees on them.....gust to 60-70 for several hrs will wreck the power grid as well...the house on the hill is my folks and we sat in the carport and watched the storm....its a awesome storm spot big trees all around but none close enough to get the house....

4 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

NAM's still have the sudden sharp east turn....the Ukie, GFS and cane models have smoothed that turn out.....

Yeah not sure I buy that, I mean if the steering flow turns it east then why does it still want to stair step it around the NC border, looks like it would either continue NE or turn east but not east than NE as it keeps showing....  maybe just seems different from the models you just referenced

That abrupt east turn did cut down on rainfall totals for Central NC somewhat, shifts heaviest axis back east/se 

1 minute ago, metwannabe said:

So after that crazy abrupt turn east/southeast it then turns NE and is closer to Hatteras this run, much weaker obviously....  looks weird when you loop it lol

Not sure I like the lower totals.  I'm barely on the 6" line now. :o Guess we'll have to wait for the RGEM.

Seriously, that wobbling is weird.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Not sure I like the lower totals.  I'm barely on the 6" line now. :o Guess we'll have to wait for the RGEM.

Yep not enough to settle the dust your way ^_^  The NAM has done that wobbling about same time frame each run seems like, just further up the coast each time, don't know if it's gonna be a legitimate wobble or just the NAM's version of the funky chicken

25 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

We always...always under perform in these situations.  3-4" for Wake would be solid, 6-10" down east is what I would think would be solid for them. 

Archived