Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, metwannabe said:

I'm guessing Rah NWS was waiting for the 11am update and some or all of the 12z model output, but I think they will have to extend the flood watch at least a tier of counties NW 

tramadoc the Albemarle Sound actually in the TS warning 

Thanks Met. AKQ hasn't updated yet. My weather site KNCELIZA13 (and home) sit about 4 miles from the Albemarle Sound. I'm wondering if individual counties have been named or if it's just the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds proper.

2 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

Thanks Met. AKQ hasn't updated yet. My weather site KNCELIZA13 (and home) sit about 4 miles from the Albemarle Sound. I'm wondering if individual counties have been named or if it's just the Albemarle and Panlico Sounds proper.

Looks like Onslow County northward to Dare County all coastal counties in TS warning, south of there Hurricane Warning.  Washington and Craven (while not on the coast but on the sound) are also in the TS warning...  you can just look at your local NWS site

The NAMS kinda wobble around ILM I am starting to think that east turn might not happen or at least as sharply as modeled there, the sudden east to SE turn is just odd....I could see a landfall around ILM with the center riding up Hwy 17 towards New Bern then out over the sounds and across Hatteras with a more gradual turn to the east....or it coudl do that further south like the cane models and GFS had...

Further south it really depends on the track, if it gets away from Florida some then Charleston up to ILM stand to get a lot more wind as the storm could restructure and rebuild the western side, if it stays tucked into the coast then its not gonna be that bad, ...surge will be a issue if it moves slow and has time to pile the water in, especially places like Sav and HH....then the north eyewall will be the roughest spot where ever it hits land at....if the center can maintain and get onshore ILM and move inland some then the NE and east sides come onshore the NC beaches and that could be really bad....again depending on the track and how much land the system interacts with up the coast...

Still a lot of ?'s with this thing...

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

The NAMS kinda wobble around ILM I am starting to think that east turn might not happen or at least as sharply as modeled there, the sudden east to SE turn is just odd....I could see a landfall around ILM with the center riding up Hwy 17 towards New Bern then out over the sounds and across Hatteras with a more gradual turn to the east....or it coudl do that further south like the cane models and GFS had...

Further south it really depends on the track, if it gets away from Florida some then Charleston up to ILM stand to get a lot more wind as the storm could restructure and rebuild the western side, if it stays tucked into the coast then its not gonna be that bad, ...surge will be a issue if it moves slow and has time to pile the water in, especially places like Sav and HH....then the north eyewall will be the roughest spot where ever it hits land at....if the center can maintain and get onshore ILM and move inland some then the NE and east sides come onshore the NC beaches and that could be really bad....again depending on the track and how much land the system interacts with up the coast...

Still a lot of ?'s with this thing...

Any chances for this to continue trending more north... what now is causing it to hit parts of NC? like what has changed??

1 minute ago, metwannabe said:

Looks like Onslow County northward to Dare County all coastal counties in TS warning, south of there Hurricane Warning.  Washington and Craven (while not on the coast but on the sound) are also in the TS warning...  you can just look at your local NWS site

AKQ (as per usual) is late with updating. Went to MHX and saw that they have both mainland and OBX Dare, along with Beaufort and Hyde Counties (including Ocracoke) in the TS Warning area.

17 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

I'm trying to find names of individual counties in the warning new area. Anyone have a current link?

I just looked at the National Weather Service ILM weather page they haven't come out with a list of counties under  the new warnings yet but I'm sure they will shortly.  But that would be your best bet to get the county breakdown once they're updated.

Archived