Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Hermine obs

FallsLake

51 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

If I'm reading thre map right, the 13z Hrrrrrrr looks like it has the SE (max precip area) portion of Wake Co. With a storm total of about 3/4".  If it just keeps raining like it is now for the next hour and a half, we'll exceed that total.  Something doesn't seem right about that output.  Could be my eyes, I suppose!

So here is my crappy map but the red area is going to be the "pivot" point where the rain goes from moving south to north to east to west as the SLP approaches, if it tracks further inland then the coast will get lower totals but if it tracks right along the coast then the red circled area is the bullseye.....the flow onshore right now is pretty sick that is some seriously loaded up air and its gonna get wrung out over someone....the big red line is the NHC track if it does that then you are good for 2-4" easy.....

WUNIDS_map.gif

WUNIDS_map.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Naw but my yard will look like a lake, I will post pics later once it gets insane.....I think the bigger concern is going to be street flooding, there are a lot of creeks and streams that if they overflow put several vital heavily traveled roads under water here in Greenville making it a royal b**ch to get around....models are slowly backing off the higher totals but I had 2.5" last night so the yards are ditches already have water in them etc. With the higher Pwats and warm rain processes and smaller drops will fool the radar....it shows greens and yellows over me and its pouring outside here right now....so I am not sure how good of a handle the models have on amounts....track is key though the 20-30 miles just NW of the track will be the bullseye. 

Where in Greenville do you live?  Back in the day I lived at the corner of 1st and Summit just up the hill from the town commons.  I was lucky that I was high enough on that side of town to not flood much but the neighbors on the north end of Summit yard's would stay soaked.  

Edited to add:  Barely raining here in Rocky Mount at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

So here is my crappy map but the red area is going to be the "pivot" point where the rain goes from moving south to north to east to west as the SLP approaches, if it tracks further inland then the coast will get lower totals but if it tracks right along the coast then the red circled area is the bullseye.....the flow onshore right now is pretty sick that is some seriously loaded up air and its gonna get wrung out over someone....the big red line is the NHC track if it does that then you are good for 2-4" easy.....

Yep...it's heading NE now and when it shifts to E-NE will determine where the heaviest QPF is.  Right now HRRR shows that about 4pm today it will start that shift.  

2 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

Where in Greenville do you live?  Back in the day I lived at the corner of 1st and Summit just up the hill from the town commons.  I was lucky that I was high enough on that side of town to not flood much but the neighbors on the north end of Summit yard's would stay soaked.  

Well I use to have a buddy that lived on Summit back in the early 90's ahhh the stories I have.....I have lived all over the east side of town, I was born and raised here. I currently live in Simpson which is east of town a bit....I am actually less than a mile from the river but being on the south side I am in no danger of flooding even in a Floyd level event. 

21 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Hardly anything here on the Wake/Granville boarder. Roads wet but it's still dry under the trees. The precip does look like it's now trying to move northward some. But that's what I thought a few hours back.

I've had the same experience, but the rain finally seems to have picked up a bit. For the most part, though, this northern edge of the precipitation has been very slow to move at all.

1 minute ago, RubiksDestroyer said:

I've had the same experience, but the rain finally seems to have picked up a bit. For the most part, though, this northern edge of the precipitation has been very slow to move at all.

It's frustrating. Reminds me of the winter storm a few years back. As precip moved northward it just disintegrated by the time it got this far north. 

28 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Rain shield got about 5 miles from me and stopped.Windy and 68.2

Pretty much the same here.  It has been just south of me all day.  Interesting to watch and typical of a tropical storm. There's always a very sharp cutoff on the western side. I have gotten .01" today so I have officially experienced Hermine. 

Raining hard but my gauge only has 1" in it....kinda windy though so it might not be that accurate.....doppler usually under estimates tropical type rains.....the center is still way down south just getting west/over Charleston so this thing still has 6-10 hrs to go for us....but after 3-4 hrs of rain all I got is 1" in the gauge.

Archived