Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs--Fall is on the way

Avdave

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Thrasher Fan said:

Radar estimated 1.5-2.5 inches of rain fell over the west metro of ATL late afternoon into the evening hours. Much needed but very localized.

picked up  an inch here last night....was very lucky to get it considering most places didn't see much...and i was  very happy to get it because I wasn't expecting anything and it's gotten really dry...lakes are really low and unless mathew somehow impacts us, which I doubt, looks like that was our last chance of rain for a long time.

Areas to the east of here in sc got really hammered. gsp noted they thought the rainfall amounts were over estimated a bit (actual amounts were about 75% of what is shown) but at least here the radar under estimated it a little bit. So i'm sure some isolated areas did get 6 plus.

Muggy as hell today too..front is just west of here but it.seems like the cool down is taking forever to get here.

GSP_0.png

Horrible flooding going on in the Mid Atlantic, particularly the eastern Piedmont and Sandhills of North Carolina. Burlington was hit hard last night by flooding, with some areas receiving over 6 inches of rain.  This morning, parts of the Fayetteville area are under water and water rescues are underway. Cumberland County Schools are closed.

Archived