• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather - June 28

ApacheTrout

Someone is actually reporting to us from Upper Enchanted TWP, ME right now via the internet. I'm amazed at so many things about that statement, but to have accurate reports of 7.16" in the last 5 hours and know that dual-pol is handling it is nice.

If this is the LLJ getting going now, we should be in for a busy hydro night.

Insane radar estimates... 10-12" bullseye, lol.

But that's a fairly widespread area showing 3"+ now in the northern part of those mountain counties.

post-352-0-51977100-1467158125_thumb.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insane radar estimates... 10-12" bullseye, lol.

But that's a fairly widespread area showing 3"+ now in the northern part of those mountain counties.

attachicon.gifWUNIDS_map.gif

I'm guessing they use legacy QPE there, dual-pol is showing 9.1" max right now (legacy 11.6"). This college kid is saying 7.16" at his location, and the lat/lon on our QPE map showed 7.4" at 7 PM. I'd say that's pretty spot on.

Round two has started. Pouring again.

Same here. Hoping the golf course in between Northfield and Roxbury gets a good soaking. We've been parched. My round was interrupted for about 40-45 minutes with first batch. Was able to finish the last 4 holes before the second batch started. The first batch wasn't all that impressive. A little lightning and thunder but not a lot of rain. This batch seems a bit better performing here at least.

Spencer Road between Jackman and The Forks.

attachicon.gif13495236_10207088507587421_4333517797808954211_n.jpg

:flood:

A co-worker is pretty sure the road sign in the right side of that pic is for the road leading to their family camp on Grace Pond.  They hope to travel up there this weekend and check for damage.  She also just posted a pic of Rt 201 near Parlin Pond with about half the northbound lane gone.

A co-worker is pretty sure the road sign in the right side of that pic is for the road leading to their family camp on Grace Pond.  They hope to travel up there this weekend and check for damage.  She also just posted a pic of Rt 201 near Parlin Pond with about half the northbound lane gone.

Grace Pond would definitely be in and around the epicenter of all the action yesterday. Probably had some near severe winds/hail too.

We will most certainly see some severe in and around the seacoast today. Seems like an almost ideal setup here now with the sun breaking out and surface temps well into the 80's. We often see unstable air masses spoiled by an influx of marine air. Not today. Feels and looks like the tropics.

Grace Pond would definitely be in and around the epicenter of all the action yesterday. Probably had some near severe winds/hail too.

They're getting hit again, though not the extreme rates as yesterday - not yet, anyway.  Some bright echoes west of Farmington, 55-60 dbz, look to be passing to the north of town, and south of yesterday's deluge.

They're getting hit again, though not the extreme rates as yesterday - not yet, anyway.  Some bright echoes west of Farmington, 55-60 dbz, look to be passing to the north of town, and south of yesterday's deluge.

Progressive at least today. Yesterday just didn't move.

Archived