• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

the shallowness of this air mass is revealed by the fact that most strata/fog has lifted down S of the NH border (tho perhaps not so at Logan itself or shore roads...)

However, we are still in the cool side of the boundary, as our temps linger in the low 70s ...while CT soars through the mid 80s at 10am...  

I'm hoping that if the Euro's right about the boundary lagging along Rt pooper ... perhaps a conduit for thunder?   need things to cook for bit yet...  By the way, Logan has LI's -4 over top the cool air mass also indicative of shallowing... 

Yeah, if you live from PSM and points N up the eastern NE coast you are fubar for summer :(

...one way or the other.. physics will find a way to ooze this marine/polar puke down this way too I suppose - just a matter of time.  but, if it offers any consolation, come this time next Thur/Frid way might be begging for this relief and not seeing it anywhere...

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's steadily growing worse by the minute here. PWM down to 2 1/2SM and 500 foot ceilings.

it's funny (not haha..). ... my personal belief is that most of Maine, NH, and cutting MA in half ...including the eastern half of CT and RI...  all these states/regions are in a separate climate zone that is marine/land hybrid.  this kind of crap just happens too often not to be in my mind. 

right now...hi res vis sat loop shows a strong straight W-E drive at mid and upper levels with cloud debris and so forth; yet, as though obeying a completely different set of fluid mechanical laws, you can see the Atlantic schits moving due west underneath over NH... it's literally like there must be a synoptic scale -sized plate of glass separating a llv imprisoned cold moist hell from the rest of atmosphere - ha

Models don't seem enthusiastic about bringing it too far north today.

I could see it sneaking back up the Hudson, then pinching off into parts of southern NH, but the real boundary stays pinned across N central MA.

I actually recall on a couple of occasions  ... down along the interior coastal plain from Georgia all the way to Maine, cordoned off circular fronts before - that can happen too... different annoyance, just sayn'

the shallowness of this air mass is revealed by the fact that most strata/fog has lifted down S of the NH border (tho perhaps not so at Logan itself or shore roads...)

However, we are still in the cool side of the boundary, as our temps linger in the low 70s ...while CT soars through the mid 80s at 10am...

I'm hoping that if the Euro's right about the boundary lagging along Rt pooper ... perhaps a conduit for thunder? need things to cook for bit yet... By the way, Logan has LI's -4 over top the cool air mass also indicative of shallowing...

Yeah, if you live from PSM and points N up the eastern NE coast you are fubar for summer :(

...one way or the other.. physics will find a way to ooze this marine/polar puke down this way too I suppose - just a matter of time. but, if it offers any consolation, come this time next Thur/Frid way might be begging for this relief and not seeing it anywhere...

I'm in PSM and still haven't found the need to put in the window units. I expect it'll come eventually but we shall see.

Boundary looks to be just east of the Quabbin

may be washing out on the western edge ...  PD's temps are over 80 out that way now...winds are around to the S at EDD site, too -

back toward Boston?  probably not much hope ... even if the bubble-high moves E, once in, that air mass takes a nuclear war to get it out of there..

we'll see

I'm in PSM and still haven't found the need to put in the window units. I expect it'll come eventually but we shall see.

ha.  well ... i didn't mean the whole way - i meant in this current period.  

but yeah, if things break as currently signaled, you'll need them -

Hope so man its a close the shades weekend, saw people in NE Maine had to turn on the heat last night, never a good sign with the pattern for the weekend. 

all climo sites had lows of 50 to 54 up there, which is dead smack nuts on the average low temperature ...so they must do that a lot up there at this time of year.

Euro with some more HHH middle and end of next week. We'll see if that continues to hold

Wouldn't count on it ...  that right there (bold) has been an issue this particular warm season; middle and extended range ridges just turn into something else shorter in but not the big heat ...actually, not much heat at all. 

summer of the phantom ridges continues until one actually verifies -

all climo sites had lows of 50 to 54 up there, which is dead smack nuts on the average low temperature ...so they must to that a lot up there at this time of year.

Well yeah, my normal low is in that range and we hit that yesterday morning prior to 88F in the afternoon.

Much bigger difference to have a 62/53 type day over 88/53 even if they both have the same near normal minimum temp.

Heating is more a daytime high thing this time of year...it's gotta be cold enough for long enough to turn the heat on. Plenty of days in the past couple months my house has been in the mid-50s when I wake up cause the low was 39F but I don't hit the heat cause it'll be 75F by noon.

.62 here today and 3.5 inches over the last 10 days or so

Dry Begets Wet.

Only 0.26" here today.

At 5:40pm the MVL Td hit 70F for the first time of the season following the rain. 

This was one of those rain events that just makes it more humid because its not a FROPA...it rains, and then just adds more low level moisture to the point that you've got ground fog in spots, and the pavement steams when the sun comes back out.  That's like deep summer stuff with the hillsides shrouded in mist and fog from like 80-100% RH with temps in the 70s.

Archived