joxey
July pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This one missed me too. Thinking my luck has run out and back to drought 

Driving home from work, it seemed to be heading more towards UConn.  The sprinkle was not even enough to wet the pavement say nothing of keeping the dust down.  At least the lawnmower is getting a vacation.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Driving home from work, it seemed to be heading more towards UConn.  The sprinkle was not even enough to wet the pavement say nothing of keeping the dust down.  At least the lawnmower is getting a vacation.

Some of the Hi-res bring another round of storm thru 9-10:00 tonight. We'll see 

keeps going at this rate ... won't be any heat at all this weekend .. 

euro just inventing physics to stop it -  

seriously, the big 850 numbers as of 00z never really get in here it would appear.  another increment in reduction on that amazing appeal from 2 days ago.  sooo predictable - all models agree on a historic heat event on D7, then its a game in various ways to dismantle.  been going on all summer.  

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I may be mistaken , but I thought COC k was 70's/40's? Does the definition change thruout the year?

We discussthis every #summer A summer day of crisp clear sky with low humidity and temperatures in the low 80s qualifies. Absolutely beautiful 2 days incoming. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I may be mistaken , but I thought COC k was 70's/40's? Does the definition change thruout the year?

CoC weather in my mind is ideal if not better conditions for the season.  Lowering Dp's and nice day/evening that people can enjoy the outdoors is ideal if not better this time of year.

I wonder if you'll even make it out of the 60s tonight while I might hit the 40s... 

25 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

CoC weather in my mind is ideal if not better conditions for the season.  Lowering Dp's and nice day/evening that people can enjoy the outdoors is ideal if not better this time of year.

I wonder if you'll even make it out of the 60s tonight while I might hit the 40s... 

This doesn't appear to me to be a 40's type airmass. I could see you getting down to 54 while I stay at 63 or something 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This doesn't appear to me to be a 40's type airmass. I could see you getting down to 54 while I stay at 63 or something 

We'll see.  Temps are holding in the 70s and Dp's are lowering into the 50s and will probably bottom out in the 40s by tomorrow morning.  PnC has 53° for me and I usually beat that by a few degrees which is in line with what I was thinking (49).  The only limiting factor might be clouds but we'll see how that plays out.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Does anyone know the exact factors that the Palmer Index uses for drought consideration? I would assume it takes soil moisture, a certain long term period of qpf deficiencies , and groundwater into effect. Anything else?

You know it does say right on that graphic what it takes into account? It's longterm wetness/dryness relating to runoff, recharge, percolation, and evapotranspiration.

Archived