SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
21st Century Banter Thread

jburns

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who's been in this online weather community since Wright-Weather back in the early 2000s, migrated over to EUSWX when WWBB shut down (which was an amazing place; I miss Allan (RaleighWx), Brandon (HKY_WX), Randy (SacrydDreamz), Robert (FoothillsNC), Larry (GaWx) and some of the other old school SE frequenters) even joined DaBenchMark when EUSWX had the fallout and finally made my way here to AmWx...(this is the longest run-on sentence ever) I still have no clue who this WilkesboroDude is or why everyone hates him lol.

Can someone give me some background?

27 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

As someone who's been in this online weather community since Wright-Weather back in the early 2000s, migrated over to EUSWX when WWBB shut down (which was an amazing place; I miss Allan (RaleighWx), Brandon (HKY_WX), Randy (SacrydDreamz), Robert (FoothillsNC), Larry (GaWx) and some of the other old school SE frequenters) even joined DaBenchMark when EUSWX had the fallout and finally made my way here to AmWx...(this is the longest run-on sentence ever) I still have no clue who this WilkesboroDude is or why everyone hates him lol.

Can someone give me some background?

Wilkesborodude continually made ridiculous post about everything from having the worms, healing skies, strange blackbirds, to his bowel movements..... Mods were always warning him and I guess they finally had enough.

Edit.... I too came from Eastern... It's been a few years

6 hours ago, GaStorm said:

I'm calling BS on any model showing above normal for December temps. Main reason has to do with all the rain in the forecast and the turnaround on the drought. I know in warmer months when the soil moisture increases the temp stays low and there is less ridging. Not sure if this can apply for winter but it would make sense. Hopefully we can keep the SER at bay for a while.

Cloudy nights tend to be warm so a rainy period in winter is almost always above normal overall. 

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Hopefully they get rid of that starburst guy asap though.  Worse than Wilkesboro on a good day.  Idk, dude just gets under my skin so bad I refuse to use the site.

He was banned over on TW twice if I remember correctly. Once, then given a second chance and gone again. 

Nice to see he's gotten a position where he's highly unlikely to ever get banned, though. 

• jburns locked this topic

Archived