joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 Obs

Isopycnic

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a fairly potent storm rolling through Greensboro right now. I missed out on the severe cell but what's trailing behind the main storm is dumping outside my house currently.

Here's your storm...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC500 PM EDT SAT MAY 21 2016 NCZ021-038-212145-DAVIDSON   NC-FORSYTH   NC-500 PM EDT SAT MAY 21 2016 ...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT PORTIONS OF NORTHEASTERNDAVIDSON AND SOUTHERN FORSYTH COUNTIES UNTIL 545 PM EDT...AT 459 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING A STRONG THUNDERSTORM OVERHUNTSVILLE...OR 10 MILES SOUTH OF EAST BEND...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...WINSTON-SALEM...THOMASVILLE...KERNERSVILLE...CLEMMONS...BERMUDA RUN...HUNTSVILLE...LEWISVILLE...ARCADIA...SEDGE GARDEN AND WELCOME.

CAE recorded .31 early this morning and mby picked up .23....take that you stubborn drought   :P   :lol:

Sucks how unlucky you seem to be when it comes to rain, the HRRR tries to give you another shot at some tonight.....  I wish I could share, we cant seem to get it to stop raining here....its rained 16 out of 21 days so far this month :(

Love this line in tonight's update from RAH ;)

NEAR TERM /through tonight/...As of 940 PM Saturday...Primary forecast change with this update was to adjust towardreality, raising short term pops across the southern CWA, andreducing them across the north.

Sucks how unlucky you seem to be when it comes to rain, the HRRR tries to give you another shot at some tonight.....  I wish I could share, we cant seem to get it to stop raining here....its rained 16 out of 21 days so far this month :(

It's either all or nothing around here  :lol:    Hopefully the portals loosen up their grip soon  :(  

Archived