Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/srefplumes/

The plumes are a joke. The higher totals which you say are 8 inches have snow for tonight. That's a joke. You have to look with your eyes not your heart.

for good measure the sref!.plumes have been going up since last night.several clusters at 8 or more inches for parts of n.y.c,3-5 looks good for now.

i would'nt say that,most trends today have been in the right direction my friend.overall i'm happy to be still following winter weather in the spring on here.lets just watch what happens and enjoy!.lol

Northern 500mb now interacts with the ULL at Hr. 48. Might be too late for us, but only the Euro had that a few days ago.

Northern 500mb now interacts with the ULL at Hr. 48. Might be too late for us, but only the Euro had that a few days ago.

your spot on with this,although we still don't know how this plays out.as we all know weather is the lifeforce of chance! lol

Ag3 was correct, hate to admit it.. Looking at the vapor loop from 2 days ago.... It screamed OTS solution

I'm not sure the overall long wave pattern screams ots as much as the way this system came out in peices screwed up the ability for it to phase. The euro/uk/cmc badly messed up on the frontrunner wave effecting the mid Atlantic today. That didn't even exist on the euro 48 hours ago and some places are getting .5-.75 qpf from it now down there. That wave screws up the setup behind it flattening things just enough behind it and competing for energy, never good. So the upper support comes in Sunday to a less favorable setup to pop a storm with an already used up boundary and a low offshore. Pulling that back or fighting with it to pop a new low on its heels is way harder then the cyclogenesis scenario that lead to the big storm idea. That seems to be the big difference IMO but there are certainly so many permutations and minor factors that go into it that I may be identifying the wrong main culprit.

ETA: I'm talking about why things trended east it won't shock me if things do trend back some now as models resolve the trade off between the wave today and whatever happens as the upper level trough approaches tomorrow.

well it's gd to see some model support for my optimistic opinion earlier.i was on the fringe of getting called a hype man on here lol..but let me add 1 more model to this mix,the one that has been consistent for 5 straight days and never mentioned.the brams model!! lmao :lol:  :lol:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=usus&MODELL=brams&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=pr06&HH=48&ZOOM=1&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Archived