joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After analyzing the 12z models, I'm inclined to skip this event. The relative lack of cold air looks to hamper snowfall totals from what they otherwise could be and is disuading me from chasing this one.

That aside, any one here holding out hope for a bigger event than currently progged and/or see something I might be missing? Blizzard conditions anywhere? If I were to still go...I'd have to leave asap.

Go back to the mid/late 20s pages for that earlier drama... he's just joking

I couldn't tell since he's not in the room talking about the storm. There was so many new pages this morning, I was just skimming.  :)

Yeah SREF's are west again. 6.3" here, 8.3" ORD, 10.0" Hoosier, 5.9" RC & Gilbertfly, 6.6" Blackrock, 6.5" Jonger.

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_027.gif

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_030.gif

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_036.gif

I couldn't tell since he's not in the room talking about the storm. There was so many new pages this morning, I was just skimming. :)

Yeah SREF's are west again. 6.3" here, 8.3" ORD, 10.0" Hoosier, 5.9" RC & Gilbertfly, 6.6" Blackrock, 6.5" Jonger.

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_027.gif

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_030.gif

srefCGP_prec_snowmn12_036.gif

Very good consistency in the placement of that axis on the SREF recent runs.

Just as an FYI, the RAP and HRRR performed terribly with the 2/16 OV storm. Their usual NW biases and lower level thermal profiles were very evident. LR Rap bullseyed CMH with 8-10" of snow, we ended up with 2-3". End of range HRRR bullseyed SE Ohio with 10", they received 1".

This is a different storm based on SLP strength, but very very similar with respect to thermal profiles.

Archived