joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and possible snow Feb 22nd

Sugarloaf1989

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 12z guidance (with the lone exception of the GFS) has what appears to be advisory snows for interior SNE..prob from an area near PSM-MHT-AQW S to about HFD-SFZ line...just south and east of that polygon is more questionable due to BL issues at the onset, and to the north the precip becomes lighter.

Given this is still 4 days out, it could easily end up north or south of this area. But as currently modeled...there would probably be a nice stripe just north of the vort track that could be on the higher end of advisory snowfall. These can sometimes surprise...a little extra boost as it hits the waters south of LI and develops a little more moisture inflow, so we'll have to watch.

All 12z guidance (with the lone exception of the GFS) has what appears to be advisory snows for interior SNE..prob from an area near PSM-MHT-AQW S to about HFD-SFZ line...just south and east of that polygon is more questionable due to BL issues at the onset, and to the north the precip becomes lighter.

Given this is still 4 days out, it could easily end up north or south of this area. But as currently modeled...there would probably be a nice stripe just north of the vort track that could be on the higher end of advisory snowfall. These can sometimes surprise...a little extra boost as it hits the waters south of LI and develops a little more moisture inflow, so we'll have to watch.

NAM is a no-go too. But recall the last even that they held out on an island, the "anafrontal".

NAM is a no-go too. But recall the last even that they held out on an island, the "anafrontal".

Yeah it looks bad on the NAM...I didn't even consider that model since the bulk of the event would be past the NAM's model range...but extrapolating out another frame or two would be a non-event for sure.

I also didn't check the Frenchie....but JMA and NAVGEM are on board.

Blue balls.

Anyway, could almost see where this event becomes the main show next week? If it goes anymore robust than the 12z ECM, it could be a better threat for some than whatever happens Wed/Thur.

A scenario the lowly GGEM has been hinting at. Navgem joined its fan club today at 12z.

Some of the GEFS members actually have this turning into a much larger system and being the main show...like starting it as more overrunning on Monday and then the bulk of the storm comes Mon night and early Tues...we haven't seen any OP models do this, but more than one ensemble member has been showing that type of evolution on multiple GEFS runs.

Not sure about the Euro ensembles since I don't view the individual members on those.

So there's probably a low probability anyway of this becoming something bigger and more widespread.

Some of the GEFS members actually have this turning into a much larger system and being the main show...like starting it as more overrunning on Monday and then the bulk of the storm comes Mon night and early Tues...we haven't seen any OP models do this, but more than one ensemble member has been showing that type of evolution on multiple GEFS runs.

Not sure about the Euro ensembles since I don't view the individual members on those.

So there's probably a low probability anyway of this becoming something bigger and more widespread.

The Navgem sort of has that evolution, doesn't really blow up the first system but it is a decent hit and the second wave is well offshore.

Let's just vote for a cutter and be done with it. :tomato:

That one ain't cutting at all. More likely miss you to the south by far over missing west, which I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear judging by the original post, haha.

I like these systems that are more surprise in that it's not a day 10 threat we've been following. At least someone should get some snow out of this winter even if it's south of us.

Archived