joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring Medium-Long Range Discussion

wisconsinwx

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

models have a strong signal for a very wet Easter weekend. Almost all of this shown on the euro falls in the two days before Easter.

Of course the last heavy rain event forecasted for the sub at this range fell apart....so we'll see, but something to keep an eye on.

Some models also showing a snowy type of event to go along with the deluge. Interested to see how this evolves.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Victor (ERTAF) is going against this and has BN for the first two weeks of April.

Rinse, wash, repeat from the last 3 years.

Victor's research takes climo into consideration. Ours doesn't.

Sent from my S50 using Tapatalk

I guess somebody has to be optimistic around here... :lol:

He isn't the only one, we have already busted the 13-15 pattern with the active winter we had severe weather wise. Yes there have been a few tries to go back to the ugly pattern, like this upcoming weekend, but they have ended up falling flat.

He isn't the only one, we have already busted the 13-15 pattern with the active winter we had severe weather wise. Yes there have been a few tries to go back to the ugly pattern, like this upcoming weekend, but they have ended up falling flat.

New weeklies just came out. Apparently.. we don't have to worry about any of this cold stuff/bad pattern, as I've seen people just saying it's a torch with W troughs. Maybe we'll finally get a good pattern going? 

New weeklies just came out. Apparently.. we don't have to worry about any of this cold stuff/bad pattern, as I've seen people just saying it's a torch with W troughs. Maybe we'll finally get a good pattern going? 

Yeah the weeklies look pretty damn good with the mean for the region, higher heights here and lower out west.

The PNA that just doesn't want to die:

attachicon.gifpna.sprd2.gif

It's gotta crash at some point.. Late April/May/June. Don't stop believing. 

Also.. Here's a video that was just released by a man whose wife was killed by the Fairdale EF-4: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160403/news/160409707/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Insane. 

We really should be using this thread for the warmup discussion.

As others have stated, the upcoming pattern is certainly a great improvement, but with a low slowly moving across the southern US(per the euro) and the surface ridge located to the northeast, that means a cool to mild easterly flow rather than a warm to torchy southerly flow.  It may be a frustratingly slow warmup for folks like Geos who live along the lake.

We really should be using this thread for the warmup discussion.

As others have stated, the upcoming pattern is certainly a great improvement, but with a low slowly moving across the southern US(per the euro) and the surface ridge located to the northeast, that means a cool to mild easterly flow rather than a warm to torchy southerly flow.  It may be a frustratingly slow warmup for folks like Geos who live along the lake.

Yeah when the ridge is centered west, there's an easterly/northeasterly flow here. Next Friday and weekend is looking pretty good. 

A light lake breeze is alright, but when the regional flow is east, it really sucks.

Warmest day on the EURO is next Sunday at about 55°. Has the warm front stalling along I-80. Western MI and then south of I-80 looking good.

Bo and the UP mainly 30s and 40s.

Models have been struggling a bit with what to do with the big western trough this weekend into next week.  The trend has been to slow it down.  The Euro has even gone to a stall as a rex block forms out west.  The GFS still slowly ejects it into the upper midwest.  Both models still have another cold shot coming for the northeast US in the medium/long range.

Archived