Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been my thinking the whole time! I've been saying that strong a CAD has no choice but to keep a weak LP on a southern track! That cold means Business and it also means a Sig ICESTORM for CAD areas!

Exactly. We have the cmc/nam/ rgem(way stronger cad than any other model which says something because imo it's King inside 48) All saying strong cad. Gfs says eh naw lol toss that garbage gfs is a horrible cad model. This low is staying south.

I expect models to slowly trend a tad bit stronger with the cad too if rgem has any kingship power.

CMC is ridiculous, there's a reason it's the worst scoring model.  The lights would be turned off in the piedmont indefinitely down to GSP to NE GA, all frozen it looks like.  Miller A track across souther gulf states.

you know unless you can actually prove the cmc is wrong, these constant comments of yours are getting old.

As has been mentioned I do not buy the Euro/GFS solutions of a low tracking up the apps. The GFS doesn't do well with CAD events in my experience and the Euro also has a warm bias I believe. The models to watch and follow in this range for this setup are NAM/CMC/UK and RGEM. The high res models especially the RGEM will begin picking things up that the other models miss and as we get closer they'll nail down the location of the initial overrunning band. The UK will be out soon and if it is similar to CMC then I would say it has a good chance to be a significant ice storm for CAD regions.

Franklin since you been zeroing in on the kicker. Is it latter or quicker making its influence felt on the cmc compared to the gfs, thus the reason the end result of a futher south SLP track on the canadian?

It's weather 101 we all need as far a south track as possible, so just trying to see if or what influence might be able to triger that result besides the it hits the wedge and naturally stays suppressed to go underneath it.

Franklin since you been zeroing in on the kicker. Is it latter or quicker making its influence felt on the cmc compared to the gfs, thus the reason the end result of a futher south SLP track on the canadian?

It's weather 101 we all need as far a south track as possible, so just trying to see if or what influence might be able to tiger that result besides the it hi t s the wedge and naturally stays suppressed to go underneath it.

a faster stronger kicker is what we want.

Thanks! Definately some good trends there... Normally ou try to stay away from 1.5 zr. Anyway you can clearly see a southern trend too

I am willing to take up to 0.25-0.30 of ZR if it helps everything North get more sleet instead of a devastating ice storm.  But that's all.  Sadly, if that kind of dramatic shift happened, I think we'd be in trouble with 0.50 +

Way too much emphasis on the CMC...I don't even view it as the worst case scenario anymore....I view it as the dead wrong solution after how many times it has screwed up over the years for WNC. I appreciate everyone's contributions none the less but discussing this model will let down and confuse most on what to expect. Rant over.

I would take a GFS/UKMET blend atm. That's where the emphasis should be.

How? Gfs is horrible HORRIBLE with this kind of setup. Always has been. U.K. Is more reliable but still we have several short range models that are DESIGNED to sniff out the CAD strength saying "hey the cad is stronger." That's the only difference. Stronger cad=southern track. And we all know cold air likes to push a lp south and with the arctic air supply that we have it makes sense to lean toward a suppressed track.

I don't think Global models can handle CAD as good as meso models.... JMO

NAM and RGEM blend here on out.....

I'm with you. Rgem is designed for this kind of intricacy. And it does extremely well with strengths of cad and the likes. It's weird but for this system we don't want a massive lp. We want it to stay weak and strung out. That would mean the CAD can hold its ground.

Meso models ftw and euro has done poorly with last few storms

I'm with you. Rgem is designed for this kind of intricacy. And it does extremely well with strengths of cad and the likes. It's weird but for this system we don't want a massive lp. We want it to stay weak and strung out. That would mean the CAD can hold its ground.

Meso models ftw and euro has done poorly with last few storms

yes sir, might not work out, but I think it's the way to go blend the short range models dump globals!

Archived