joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm beginning to possibly see something, but only noticed it on the cmc....

The storm is west, the lower the pressure of the low is...it was 990 several runs ago.... latest run the pressure is higher,and it's further east. At 12z it's 999mb with low at the end of long island.. compared to 00z, the lows just west of NYC with pressure of 993mb.

Would a weaker storm go east?

See that high over the Atlantic? It's not going to allow it to come much further East, if at all.

gfs_z500_mslp_atl_18.png

gfs_z500_mslp_atl_19.png

The Atlantic ridge has been modeled poorly in the mid range this year. It's trended stronger in the short range which is the main reason we've seen the storms trend NW. I'm usually not one to talk about seasonal trends on models but this has certainly been the case this winter.

The Atlantic ridge has been modeled poorly in the mid range this year. It's trended stronger in the short range which is the main reason we've seen the storms trend NW. I'm usually not one to talk about seasonal trends on models but this has certainly been the case this winter.

Glad someone has explained that!

Makes a lot of sense.

There are so many moving pieces here that we prob shouldn't even extrapolate models until 12Z Sunday. This thing is going to continue to be all over the place until late in the weekend. Some mets think NAM is too weak and strung out. UK is wrapping the storm up too much and going negative tilt. Safe bet is a blend of GFS and Euro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As has been stated, the PNA, AO, NAO, all seem to be strongly against anything substantial along I-95. With the position and strength of the high off the Northeast coast, the path of least resistance would allow this storm to run right up the Hudson Valley. Now, maybe it can make it's way up the CT River Valley, if that high nudges a bit more northeast. I am hoping for our friends upstate/Vt that it does. You guys deserve one.

Archived