• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

Yeah, would seem to be an elevation setup for a couple inches... BL questionable... 

In general I just like the look of chilly air in Canada being driven into a relatively zonal and northerly displaced southern jet.   Should induce some weak cyclogenesis and scoot east in the wake of the clipper. 

GGEM really likes that system...Feb 22-23.

Kind of a classic redeveloper for our area:

f144.gif

f150.gif

f156.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, would seem to be an elevation setup for a couple inches... BL questionable... 

In general I just like the look of chilly air in Canada being driven into a relatively zonal and northerly displaced southern jet.   Should induce some weak cyclogenesis and scoot east in the wake of the clipper. 

euro el torcho , maybe something going to pop at 108 though, edit nope

Oh. Too many waves, seriously.

Yeah the Fri night deal has always been CNE/NNE...but perhaps N of pike elevations in SNE should keep an eye on it for an inch or two.

Another wave behind it could be decent (I posted the GGEM's version of it above) if there's enough space between it and the preceding Fri night event. On the Euro, it does not appear it will allow for the required spacing to get anything out of that 2nd shortwave.

Yeah the Fri night deal has always been CNE/NNE...but perhaps N of pike elevations in SNE should keep an eye on it for an inch or two.

Another wave behind it could be decent (I posted the GGEM's version of it above) if there's enough space between it and the preceding Fri night event. On the Euro, it does not appear it will allow for the required spacing to get anything out of that 2nd shortwave.

Yeah, yesterday's runs of the ECM did have those two distinct waves but looks like its not happening today.

Cue the next five paragraph soliloquy from Tip about the tenor of this season.

At 168 even though it looks good at the surface, it looks like at least three different shortwaves embedded in the longwave trough. Am I seeing that right? (looking at freebie maps)

Yeah, yesterday's runs of the ECM did have those two distinct waves but looks like its not happening today.

It actually did manage to put down like an inch of snow for SNE/CNE (MA and S half of VT/NH) at 162-168 before the digging longwave trough behind it moves in...not much obviously, but it was trying, lol.

The bigger longwave trough threat looks pretty interesting at 174 hours. Probably going to climb the coast.

Big front ender before occlusion, Little warm for the coastal peeps this run, But that would be a pasting verbatim inland

That's the type of storm that has been so rare since the 1990s....or maybe early 2000s...we saw some stuff similar to that in '00-'01 and '02-'03 winters...though they were more miller Bs and not the Miller A type shown that run.

Archived