• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove from Jewett Holmwood area all the way to NE Buffalo on Transit, Clinton, Union, and Cleveland right through that squall. No visibility at times. I'm just glad the roads were fairly clear, because it would have been impossible had all of that stuff really been piling up.

Woke up this morning and it's like the calendar has been turned back three months. 2 to 3 inches fell overnight and it's snowing heavily right now. What looks to be a meso low is coming off Lake Ontario into Oswego County enhancing the snowfall. To think that tomorrow's opening day for the Yankees.

post-5616-0-68237400-1459684805_thumb.jp

post-5616-0-03261000-1459684831_thumb.jp

Sure looks that way. A few inches. I could probably round up to 7" now...I'm sort of hoping for 5" tonight to get an even foot of April snow. Just cuz. ;)

Should be interesting in Oswego county with the northern gradient. The 24hr Experimental HRRRx has 0.4" QPF for Fulton, and a pretty wide area of 0.5"+ to the south/west of that. GFS/NAM both shifted north a bit on their 12z runs

Lol, the ones that end up with the most snow are the ones with no advisory...what is BUF thinking?

Binghamton covers Central NY and Syracuse not KBUF. KBUFs forecast was right on the money TBH. Highest total off Erie was 6.8" with 4-7" across the southern Tier and another max in Niagara county with 3.3". Only got 1.3" here.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=buf&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF&format=ci&version=1

Binghamton covers Central NY and Syracuse not KBUF. KBUFs forecast was right on the money TBH. Highest total off Erie was 6.8" with 4-7" across the southern Tier and another max in Niagara county with 3.3". Only got 1.3" here.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=buf&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF&format=ci&version=1

I was referring to Oswego & N. Cayuga ctys. They got the most with no flags...

I was referring to Oswego & N. Cayuga ctys. They got the most with no flags...

KBGM has no flags for tonight's clipper, looking at it on radar I'd say CNY and WNY should be in a great spot for a few inches, like 2-5" generally. My location's forecast remains a solid 1" or less, just like last night and this morning.

Archived