joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it was the storm from last week. Originally it looked good for you guys then after a day or two modeling moved the storm northwest by some 500 miles

This storm has a more favorable setup, though, with a much better-placed HP that should help prevent/weaken significant jumps NW. The previous storm had an HP over Newfoundland, with nothing to keep the low from cutting.

Definitely. I just hope the 00z Euro trends further SE... If it doesn't, I'm not sure I'm willing to buy into this storm.

Which reminds me, for those with WxBell, how does the 12z Euro Para look?

WeatherBELL has the following message on the website:

No parallel products from ECMWF on Saturday 2/27 (yet)

LC says forget about it!!!!!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/weatheramerica

The "One Last Dose Of Winter" edition features a credible chance for cold and snow in parts of the Midwest and Northeast by late in the new week. What may really grab the attention, however, is the risk of a vast and slow-moving spring storm affecting an area from TX and OK through the Old South with excessive rainfall and severe thunderstorms(close to the Interstate 10 corridor San Antonio TX to Tallahassee FL).

Spring should be firmly established in the U.S. by March 8-9

LC says forget about it!!!!!

Larry Cosgrove

50 mins ·

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/weatheramerica

The "One Last Dose Of Winter" edition features a credible chance for cold and snow in parts of the Midwest and Northeast by late in the new week. What may really grab the attention, however, is the risk of a vast and slow-moving spring storm affecting an area from TX and OK through the Old South with excessive rainfall and severe thunderstorms(close to the Interstate 10 corridor San Antonio TX to Tallahassee FL).

Spring should be firmly established in the U.S. by March 8-9

LC's winter forecast was just...it was, well, just...just horrendous. Abysmal.

LC's winter forecast was just...it was, well, just...just horrendous. Abysmal.

I know, A lot of Met's was!!! (Some local as well)!!  Just passing out some other options from other Met's! Put your cold rain to rest, Spring has sprung in Se wake!!!  :)  We'll get'em next year, you you just wait and see.....................................

I know, A lot of Met's was!!! (Some local as well)!! Just passing out some other options from other Met's! Put your cold rain to rest, Spring has sprung in Se wake!!! :) We'll get'em next year, you you just wait and see.....................................

Lol! Now we can welcome in a solid, legit -NAO.

Lol! Now we can welcome in a solid, legit -NAO.

Maybe the El Niño was so strong this winter, it will take all summer to weaken, and will still be falling apart as we head into next winter, and we still have the weak El Niño effects, to make that blockbuster winter that's been on the way the last 3 winters!?

GFS pulled the plug on our life support.

"The GFS always loses the storm at this stage.  We have this one right where we want it."

:yikes:

But, eh, it's there, but just too suppressed at the moment.  The way  this winter has been this wouldn't surprise me, but it beats a cutter.  We may have a 5% chance at this working out, which is something.  Miraculous March and all that.  Nice HP showing up, at least...

"The GFS always loses the storm at this stage. We have this one right where we want it."

:yikes:

But, eh, it's there, but just too suppressed at the moment. The way this winter has been this wouldn't surprise me, but it beats a cutter. We may have a 5% chance at this working out, which is something. Miraculous March and all that. Nice HP showing up, at least...

Hug the Euro! Atleast we get rain!

Archived