Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 2016 Medium/Long Range Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the Canadian and UK models appear somewhat favorable for potential low pressure developing and tracking up the East Coast in the Monday/Tuesday timeframe, it's probably worth noting leading up to this potential system the temps across the mid Atlantic this weekend will be near 50 (possibly into the 50s). Even on Monday temps should be in the 40s. Rather than having surface high pressure anchored over the GL or NE to funnel colder air to us, the high is shunted up to Labrador on both the UKMet and GEM (with the later depicting less than ideal surface low over the lower GL, albeit weakening). So temps look marginal across the mid Atlantic, though the timing of a potential system during the overnight hours of Monday into Tuesday could prove helpful. Of course we're still several days away, so plenty can change.

SLP not in a good spot, but I imagine that is from some really tucked in members.

keep in mind with a northern stream miller b like this you want the slp tucked in close like that. These have a compact qpf field and the rain snow line is usually tucked in close to the low track and sometimes even east of it a bit. Different animal then a mature miller a out of the gulf.

Think psuhoffman mentioned it but I have to agree. I find it a little hard to believe that we see redevelopment happen inland which many of the members are showing. I think the more likely outcome is that we see that right on the coast.

edit: Guess I need glasses. After glancing again it isn't quite as bad as I thought. 

keep in mind with a northern stream miller b like this you want the slp tucked in close like that. These have a compact qpf field and the rain snow line is usually tucked in close to the low track and sometimes even east of it a bit. Different animal then a mature miller a out of the gulf.

+1 yep good post...

9 minutes without an update. Peoples lives are depending on this guys...

Slower on Wxbell. It's more vigorous with the SE coastal low. at 84 hours it's 987 300 ESE of HAT. Clipper is 1000 MB just south of the UP of Michigan. Seems like the models that blow up the clipper are weaker and faster moving that SE SLP out of there

Archived